1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would like some opinions...

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by LoneStarr, Dec 28, 2010.

1. LoneStarr
    Jungle Swarm

LoneStarr New Member

Hey guys. Im new to the boards...I've been playing Lizardmen for about 3-4 years now. I havent painted a whole lot of my army, but I wanted to get your opinions on what I have painted currently.

Picture020-1.jpg

This is my unit of Kroxigors.

Picture022-2.jpg

This is my unit of Saurus Warriors

Picture017-1.jpg

Finally this is my unit of Saurus Calvary.

I also have painted a unit of Skinks but I have only located a few. Due to not playing in 6 months or so some of them have lost limbs being moved around in boxes and not being fixed lol. I'm working on that though.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Not bad, they are neatly painted,
    no real highlights or shading though,
    so a wash of delvin mud or something similar
    would make them look a lot better with only a tiny effort.

3. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Jajaja n810 took the words out of my mouth :) It is very clean painting but I think that some highlights/shading wound definitely bring the models a little more depth.

The colors are nice :) A little too 'Superman' for me but still very nice. The bases on the Cold One Cavalry kind of hide the awesome green mounts you have though. Maybe change their bases so that the green on the mounts stands out a little more (i'm really only referring to the green paint around the edges, maybe make it an earth-tone or something that would still look in place). Good work! Keep it up :D

4. LoneStarr
    Jungle Swarm

LoneStarr New Member

I do appreciate the advice. I was just looking for a few tips. The only pieces I had painted (first time ever painting any sort of miniature) was a small unit of Empire Spearmen (6th edition) which are completely undetailed. I plan on putting quite a bit more of detail and work into my next units I paint and will use the advice you guys have given. Thanks!

5. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I agree with the washing and highlighting comments, but it is definitely a good start.

Also, I noticed some mold lines like on the cold ones heads.

6. tehe
    Jungle Swarm

tehe New Member

dont "highlight" cos its far too fiddly, i cheat by drybrusing everything, makes for a nice "cartoony" feel whic your already kind of have with the block colours, but drybrushing is a nice way to add depth without much effort, the other is inkin/washes but others have said that

i LOVE your cold ones :D

7. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

wow is this a forum of physics when ever i think of something i find it has been taken :D

WHY DOES EVERY ONE LIKE OLD MODELS