1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 2000 pt newbie list for 8th edition

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by roguken, Jul 6, 2010.

1. roguken
    Jungle Swarm

roguken New Member

Hello all; I've been working on a list for 8th edition based on what seem to be the more confirmed rumors around, but I'm still very new to this, and so would love to have a few more experienced people suggest any changes I might make and point out any flaws I've not considered. Thanks!

Lords (9%)
    Oldblood
    +LA, Shield, Venom of the Firefly Frog

Heroes (25%)
    Skink Priest
    +Lvl 2, EotG

Scar-Vet
    +BSB

Core (42%)
    17 Saurus Warriors
    +Spears, Standard Bearer, Musician

17 Saurus Warriors
    +Spears, Champion, Musician

16 Skinks
    +2 Kroxigor

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

Special (16%)
    Stegadon

3 Terradon Riders

Rare (8%)
    1 Salamander
    +Extra Handler

1 Salamander
    +Extra Handler

Total: 13 units, 2000 pts

My basic strategy is to have the oldblood join the first unit of saurus (the one without the champion) and the BSB to join the second (which has a champion for challenge blocking, but no standard bearer). Deployment would see a wall of skink skirmishers in front, with the two saurus blocks and skink/kroxigor unit just behind, the engine in that middle area as well, the salamanders on one flank, the stegadon on the other, and the terradons flitting about wherever they are needed.

The fact that there is no Slann in this list means that it is magic weak, but I wanted to try and make a very core-heavy list, and the way I like to take a Slann (fairly upgraded and with a temple guard) means that he eats up much of the available points. The Oldblood, however, does seem a little on the weak side; should I rework this to make him a bit more competitive at the expense of another unit (one of the salamanders, or some skirmishers, perhaps)? As I said above, I'm very new at this, and so I've probably made some glaring tactical errors in my setup, so any feedback would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again!

2. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Well, you do have a very nice basic set-up for your list, the only real thing is that you would be a little weak on the magic side of things.. Casting and defense from spells as well.. I say you try and find a way to fix that but continue with your idea of playing style, it looks nice so far!