1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 2250p Lizardmen (Tournament list, WPS comp)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by teknistmajjan, Jun 19, 2009.

1. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

So been trying different things out for the last 5 games and finally came up with something that should do what i want. Units i am not so happy with are removed and things that has proven to be better has stayed.

Comp score is 15 so its all good.

Characters

Slann: #Mystery, Rumination#, BSB, Scroll, Bane head, cupped hands

Scar-Vet: Burning blade of chotec, cold one, light armour, enchanted shield

Skink priest: lvl 2, diadem, curse charm of tepok

Core

18 x Saurus Warriors: Spears, std, muso

18 x Saurus Warriors: Spears, std, muso

10 x Skinks

10 x Skinks

10 x Skink skirmishers: Bpipes

Special

5 x Cold one cav: muso

5 x Chameleon Skinks

16 x Temple guards: Std, Muso

3 x Terradon Riders

Rare

Ancient Stegadon

Total: 2250
    Models: 99
    PD: 8
    DD: 5 + scroll and diadem

So the saurus with the charm had to go, has been performing pretty well but had to make room for a skink priest, reason being that i can not fit in both in the WPS comp system and the priest will be more useful.
    Descided to stick with the cavalry even if they are not the strongest unit i have, they do work well and somehow they are a threat to others.

The salamanders had to go, this unit is the one i have had the toughest time with so i will try to run without it, shouldnt change much really.

Chameleon skinks are a unit i used the last few games and they are exellent, scouts is something one never should go without.

All feedback about the list is appreciated.

2. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

So, ive played 5 games so far in the last couple of days with this list and now i really feel that ive found something that works with this composition system.

The calvalry is still something that might have to go, not really that useful but they do manage to kill off a few smaller units some times.

Been facing Bretts, high elfs twice, empire and vampire counts, 5 massacres.

Will try it out for a few more game then i will have to rebuild it into ETC restrictions and start playtesting for a tournament later on.

3. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I'm not familiar with the comp system you are refering to but I'll try to give some general advise.

Overall a solid list.

I think the 100% garenteed effective when you need it dispel scroll would be better then the lackluster cuse charm.

If this were my army I would have 3 units of 12 with no banners. This decentralize your points more, without losing staying power (they still have LD9 with reroll most of the time) but gives you an extra unit to possibly get (or prevent) a flank with.

Hmm... I doubt these guys' effectiveness. Very vulnerable to missile fire and not any better then skink skirmishers. I suspect these are intended as flanking units, but how many enemy units are there that won't make back most of the combat res lost from the flanking by killing the skinks? I think regular skink skirmishers be better.

4. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

Hello.

I really thought i had already included the comp system, here is a link http://atlantis.sverok.net/WPS/RT_WPS_Comp.pdf

The thing being i can not take another scroll then my comp scoring will be punished, and having 7 dd along with a scroll is really all i need in this system, will nullify most armies magic.

If you have a look at the link you see that units can get 3 different kinds of points scoring, either +BR which means in this comp system it gets bonus if it has standard, +PTS which means it just gets it points and +FC, the last one gives twice the points value of the unit if i have standard in the unit, without standard it only gets it points so therefore i am running 2 x 18, it really gives me more points to work with.

Well the 2 small skink skirmish units are not flankers, they are really just the cheapest redirect units one could purchase :), work wonders since i do not have any fast cavalry to take care of this, and with a infantry list as this one you are often being out manuvered due to only 4" movement on saurus blocks, so they help alot.

I am about to start playing some with the ETC rules for a tournament in september and there i will include 3 x 10 skinks for that purpose, if i could without losing to much points in this WPS envoirement i would aswell.

5. isilnor
    Jungle Swarm

isilnor New Member

i have a question about the WPS comp...

how does it penalize you? u get a comp score and after what?

can u pls explain?

tnx :D

6. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

Hello, The comp score is a pretty developed system to balance out the armies while being competetive.

http://atlantis.sverok.net/WPS/RT_WPS_Comp.pdf

There is the link to the PDF.

If you read true the first two pages you will understand how it works.

You get a starting amount of points being 3000 and then either add or subtract from it depending on what you are buying.

The point being of using it is to score a equal value to balance it out.

It is prefered to run about comp 15, meaning you end up on 3000 points:ish and then divide it by 200 giving you 200.

You could if you like do 16-17 20 and so forth but in my oppionon 14-15-16 is the best values to use.

Im in a bit of a hurry but PM me if you have any questions.

7. Sandman130
    Saurus

Sandman130 New Member

is the link above used for 8th edition? I am confused about when it says "count each dice generated by wizard"... Do they mean add a 'dice' for every casting level?

Also- the FC thing. So if I take three core units with standards, I get double their points back in comp?

8. vict0988
    Cold One

vict0988 Member

simple thing cheat you cant have 2 arcane on one character slann has both scroll and cupped hands and if you start loosing attacks if you loose any saurus give them shield then there is some who can "die"
    and take a usit of skroxthey are good with life slann and gives you a bonus in the system

9. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

Look at the date when this thread started. It is not meant for 8th.