1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction And the petals tasted like heaven.

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by VampTeddy, Oct 25, 2013.

1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

You guys!

I saw this in View New Posts, read it from the beginning to refresh my memory before getting the latest instalment and then...

I get to read about your proof reading Bro-mance with Scalenex

I feel dirty!

So go on then.... back to the story!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Aelric - part 3

It felt like ages had passed, but it had only been a week. Aelric looked at the doctors he'd managed to save, and at Erenthon, the old elf looked back at him and smiled a forced smile, they were all trying to keep the mood high, but the jungle was getting to them, to not talk of the sounds at night. They could only rest for an hour at a time before they heard the slow but purposeful wandering of their rotting ex compatriots behind them, they never slept, never rested, Erenthon had also divulged the fact that he'd lost their way, they had no clue as to their current location, and they were getting in so far, that "the watchers" whoever they were, would surely be following them as well.
    Aelric was fearful, and constantly on his toes, he was sleepy, exhausted, and he constantly felt as if someone, something, maybe more Things, were looking at him. He kept telling himself it was only due to Erenthon's warnings but something had to be out there, this place was huge, and there had been rumours back at the inn in port reaver, of a people out here, giant lizards with poisoned spears and blowpipes, who was as one with the jungle, was almost never seen, and almost always hostile.

Then there was the doctors. Aelric was certain that he'd seen one of the doctors with something Black on his leg, and he'd started to lag behind. He'd asked him what it was, and the doctor had claimed, that it was nothing, that he was just fine. When he told Erenthon, Erenthon had said that that the doctor was likely fine, he was a doctor after all, he should be able to asses his own Health. Aelric was more doubtful after what had happened with the other members of the crew, and kept a constant eye on Cortez as he was called. The other doctors name was Branson, he was a jolly Fellow, constantly smiling, always joking, even under these circumstances. He'd been here before and seen it before he claimed. He had acknowledged Erenthon's stories of a city of gold, and was able to tell of more of such Places. Great temples erect in the jungles unguarded, and ripe for the taking.
    Both doctors were scholarly men, and Aelric had a hard time understanding everything they talked about, or how they could be so interested in many of the plants they passed by. To Aelric the sight of a plant eating a mouse was frightful incase larger of such plants existed, to the doctors it was incredibly exciting. One of them had even taking to bringing one of the plants along, and capturing mice in a homemade trap to feed it, mice and lesser lizards.
    Aelric feared the prospect of angering the greater lizards...

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Yay a new installment! I was toying with the idea of PMing you to ask you to keep writing!

4. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

That's a long time to avoid zombies. I am grateful, nonetheless.

If we can get Axolotl out of hibernation we might have enough authors for a short story competition (our very own treacherous rat / parasitic vampire / Royal pain in the Jungle Scalenex won the Underempire's most recent comp. Story writing competition (May-June) The anonymously and mysteriously posted story 4 was his.

Do you think we can stir anyone else from their torpor for a comp?

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Fhanados and Axolotyl are two forumites who have blessed us with excellent writing. Haven't seen them around for quite some time though.

6. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

So.....

Any more Petals?

Anton should surely have caught up with the Nurgle-corrupted by now.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

I'd be eager for some more petals as well but I imagine VT is working on his short story contest entry :). I know I am. You can't rush perfection.

8. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

I'm busy writing down a list of which characters i want to kill to make you guys sad.

Oh wait, no that would be scalenex!

9. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

Vampire teddy, Zombie skink.

Do I need to force a pen into your cold dead hands?