1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another for the Host of Tepok

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deathfrisbee2000, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

This little fella is going to be my Scar-Vet for my 500 points. Eventually he'll become just another Cold-One Rider, but for now, he's the boss.

Sticking with the Tepok theme of the army he's got purple markings, as well as the purple shield. It may be hard to notice, but the weird purple marks on the Cold-One are supposed to be Skink hand-prints. For fluff my little dudes slap some warpaint on their beasts. It was my first handprints, so they look a little off.

I think I could have done better on the model itself, but I'm really proud of the base. The rocks are just some chopped up pieces of cork, and the skull got ripped off the top of a Space Marine sergeant's banner.

Enjoy.

Scar-Vet2.jpg

Scar-Vet1.jpg

--DF2K

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I love that base, but maybe the skin of the Cold One could use a wash of Devlan Mud or something...

3. redeyefrog
    Saurus

redeyefrog New Member

could you please tell me the colours you used in the cold ones flesh do I detect some flesh tones in there. I think the model is excellent.

4. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

I agree Asro. I struggled with the flesh part of the Cold One the most. The early model's lack of detail (being one of the first plastic minis, so I've heard) with my general lack of free-handing experience, and it took me awhile to get it close to anything I liked. The hefty highlighting (woohoo alliteration!) does look a bit much, but the moment I got it good enough for arm's-length away, I called it done.

--DF2K

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I quite like the tone of the skin at the moment actually, looks good!

6. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

like the model, btw it's probably me just being picky though wouldnt a skinks handprint be... well a bit more webbed?

7. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

I've never thought as skinks hands as webbed.

--DF2K

8. aries2580
    Skink

aries2580 New Member

That handprint is a lovely touch. :smug: