1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Anvil of Apotheosis 3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Kilvakar, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Just thought it would be fun to start a thread discussing the Anvil of Apotheosis for 3rd Edition and see if anyone's experimented with making a custom hero, especially a Seraphon hero. For example. One thing I'm curious about would be would it be possible to create a priest now that priests have been removed from our army for some reason?

Noxolotl and Doons like this.
  2. Noxolotl
    Cold One

Noxolotl Well-Known Member

I actually wanted to do some experimenting myself and try to make some seraphon heros, but I don't know if there's a specific version for each edition or is it a "one size fits all" type of deal. I'd be very interesded in other people's ideas, opinions and general discussion. It's strange that I haven't seen much online talk about this, because making your own custom units kinda seems like a big deal.

Kilvakar likes this.
  3. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

4. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Yeah, there was quite a bit of talk and experimentation when it first came out in 2nd Edition, I think there's a different/updated version for 3e now but no one seems to use it.

Thanks for posting that link! I just went on and tried to basically make a slightly more "beatstick" version of a Carnosaur and the results were... not pretty.

For 400 points I can get this: Kroq-Gar Warscroll.png

Noxolotl likes this.
  5. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Basically for nearly twice the cost you can get more or less an Oldblood on Carnosaur with no special command stuff but extra damage and mortal wounds. Not really worth taking. If the point cost per destiny point was x7 or x8 instead of x10, it might be worth it.

Edit: This was using the Ghur rules, I tried also using the original rules but the site seems to be broken. It won't let me progress past the step where you choose your commander's archetype.

Noxolotl likes this.
  6. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kroq-Gar Warscroll 2.png

Here's another one I came up with, basically a pure combat beatstick. Should do more damage and be more survivable than the standard Oldblood. If you multiplied the destiny points by 7.5 instead of 10 he'd be 300 points. Does that sound reasonable? Or would it be better to multiply by 8 for 320 points?

7. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

upload_2023-10-26_11-31-32.png

Noxolotl and Kilvakar like this.
  8. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Yeah, I quickly saw that you can indeed make skink priests! And the foot Heroes are much less over costed then the mounted ones. I'm thinking I might actually try using these rules to make a war scroll for some of my old skink priest models to use in games. Being able to chant prayers again as well as dispel invocations would be extremely useful.

Noxolotl likes this.
  9. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

yeah khorne is probably the most likely to cry if you use them

Noxolotl and Kilvakar like this.
  10. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Prophet of Sotek.png
    Here's what I came up with for Tehenahuin's model. Throw Curse on this guy and you could actually have a very useful addition to our army...

11. Noxolotl
    Cold One

Noxolotl Well-Known Member

Alright, I see some interesting findings here, I'll try to play around with it in some free.time and see if anything worth talking about comes out of it

And of course thanks for posting the link