1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Battalion Command Ability Wording

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Kilvakar, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

From the wording of the core battalions where you get to use a command ability like all-out attack once per battle, it says you do it "without the command being issued and without a command point being spent."

Am I correct in assuming this means that you are allowed to use that same command ability on another unit in that same phase?

Also, does anyone know if that also lets you use a second command ability on the same unit benefitting from the battalion's ability? Thanks!

2. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

The first question is answered in the Core FAQ, and you cannot use the same command again, as it counts as having been used.

I think the answer to the second question is no, as the unit is still receiving the command, even though nobody is issuing it.

Kilvakar likes this.
  3. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Makes sense. I'm not up to date on the core FAQs, thanks!

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

correct on both
    "whithout the command being issued", afaik, basically enters in play only when the target would normally be out of range to receive a command, or when you need a hero to issue a second command in the same phase.

Kilvakar likes this.