1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Battletome Battallions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Khelandros, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Well personally I don't mind because the Sunclaw Starhost and Eternal Starhost are both better than the old Saurus Host, but I do get what you mean and it would be nice.

2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

same with the Thunderstrike Brotherhood from the starter set.. not in the battletome anymore and the benefits ow shifted to the warrior chamber.. which is a huge thing..

Khelandros likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Wouldn't be invalidated, it would be an extra like a scenario in a white dwarf. Use away in tandem with the sunclaw and eternal hosts!

Bainbow likes this.
  4. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Yeah, that'd be my bet.

Bowser likes this.
  5. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Now that we are on the topic of Battalion Scrolls, what is your opinion on the structure? I mean with use multiple. Would you allow a unit in one and also in a different one? I would go with no. Can only be part of one Battalion scroll, unless it's tiered. (regimental and warhost sizes)

6. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Far as I know, one unit may not be in two battalions at the same time. However so long as there's no unit overlap like that, you can have as many battalions as you want.

7. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

Not sure I agree about this given that they also removed Oxyotl, Tenenhuain, and Jungle Swarms from the new battletome. Even if you could use the old rules, I consider the Lizardmen and Seraphon rules to be mutually exclusive.

If you can use them in tandem, then there would be overlap between the Saurus Host and the Sunclaw/Eternal Starhost.

8. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Not true. You'd need six units of Saurus to use both in tandem, three for each.

9. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

To play devil's advocate, where does it say that?

10. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

I also think that RAI would be that one unit can only be in one host... But it's not written anywhere I think...

11. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

That could be a problem in the Starbeast Constellation, don't you think? ;)

12. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Seraphon battletome p 134 3rd block, 2nd sentence

"Usually, a unit can only belong to one battalion, and so can only benefit from a single set of battalion abilities. However, some very large battalions include other, smaller battalions, and in this case it is possible for a unit to benefit from the abilities of two different battalions at the same time."

lastlostboy and Bainbow like this.
  13. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

"Usually, a unit can only belong to one battalion, and so can only benefit from a single set of battalion abilities."
    Under "Warscroll Battalions" in any Battletome.

Got you covered.
    "However, some very large battalions include other, smaller battalions, and in this case it is possible for a unit to benefit from the abilities of two different battalions at the same time."
    Basically the only way to get a Seraphon unit to use two battalions at once is to ave the Starbeast Constellation.

14. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

AW MAN, YOU STOLE MY LINE! :mad:

StealthKnightSteg likes this.
  15. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

Woah!
    I never thought that would be covered by rules. oO

16. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

You could still interpret the wording as excluding the case where one battalion is not part of another and thus requiring inferences. Heck, I had tournament organizer tell me he could use Arkhan the Black in a Tomb King army because "a Liche Priest can substitute its warscroll with that of Arkhan the Black's."

However, from an empathetic standpoint, I agree the battalion sharing would be silly and that seems to be the RAI.

17. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Speaking as an English Language and Literature student in univeristy, you could "interpret" anything to mean anything if you can bluff hard enough. Hell, I do it for most of my essays. Just because something can be interpreted that way, doesn't make it right. What side is right is whichever side is backed up by the better argument.

ChubbSkink and Kor-Lot-Ko like this.
  18. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

I doubt the organizer was attempting a bluff, and while I disagreed with his decision, I could empathize with how he might have interpreted the rules. As such, I do not believe things need to be as dichotomous as right and wrong given the verbiage of AoS documents and the lack of FAQs for this game. At best, there is only a consensus as to how grey areas should be handled rather than a definitive authority on the matter.

19. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Not saying somebody like him would bluff, just that interpreting the rules differently is easier than one may think.

20. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

Oh, I totally agree there. I probably should have stated it felt like a potential grey area above.
    Are the old warscrolls gone from the main site now? I only see the individual ones.
    Looks like they took out everything but the battalions, Oxyotl, Tenenhuain, the Skink Chief and Jungle Swarms from the Android app.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015