1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Can the Slann enter a building?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gor-rok, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

I've started playing a large number of games with buildings as terrain pieces. It seems to me that the Slann's unit should be able to enter them.

The Slann isn't technically mounted on anything, as it has M4 and no armor save from riding the palanquin. It joins and ranks up in an infantry unit, and it's base isn't any larger than an ogre's. Surely it's not considered a monster, is it?

AIs there any documented evidence of what unit type the Slann actually is?

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Actually his base is bigger that an Ogres, its considered Monstrous size "50mm"
    and while he's not flying... Technically he's not on foot either.

3. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Oh well... Guess some things aren't meant to be. On closer examination, the book example of a monster charging seems to depict a Slann attacking some archers in the illustration. That's enough to convince me.

I agreed to a rematch against the guy who disagreed with my Slann hiding in a building from the Bloodthirsters, and I was still able to win. All's well that ends well I guess.

4. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

8th edition update: The Slann is clearly and definitely entered in the bestiary of the new rulebook as an infantry unit. Building, here I come!

On the other hand, monsters and such will get to attack buildings now, just not occupy them.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Sounds like a good time to start building a pyramid temple. ;)

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

The Slann is infantry? Wow that is pretty big news. Hello magic carpet!

I assume he is monstrous infantry, does that means he gets an ASL stomp attack too?

7. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Evidently not, his entry just says "Inf." They've got an entry for darn near every army unit in there, and it clears up a lot of uncertainties.

Does this carpet let him fly around at will? Scoot up alongside a hoard infantry block, fire the big template Magic Sun spell or something...

Between this possibility and the salamanders, I see the age of the Lustrian Empire dawning! (Plus Carnosaur Thunder Stomp doesn't hurt.)

8. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Well just cause hes considered infantry doesn't mean he is considered on foot for the carpet :)

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Surely part of the definition of infantry is 'on foot'? I guess there is no point arguing until the book and FAQ's are out though.

@Gor-rok, yeah it is a new common magic item that allows the user to fly bythe normal flying rules.