1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Getting into Seraphon advice pls

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Iteken, May 15, 2022.

1. Iteken
    Jungle Swarm

Iteken New Member

Hi everyone. I've just 'accidentally' bought a pile of Seraphon which have been languishing in my friend's attic for a few years, and am planning to paint and field them as my 3rd AoS army. I started with Stormcast in AOS2 thanks to Mortal Realms, bought & painted Lumineth during lockdown and have played them a fair bit the last year, and now have Celestial little dudes, which is super exciting.

I've attached a brief and incomplete summary of what was in the boxes, but i've several weeks or months of joy ahead assembling and getting to know my new little dudes. (They are SO CUTE).

Ayway, i'm thinking of using a relatively Saurus heavy list, lots of Knights, 2 Carnosaurs, some shooty Basildons as backup, Skink screens and a Slann core, progressing up from 1k to 2 over the next few months at my FLGS. Does it seem reasonable? Terradons look cool to, i think there are 6 in the box.

One thing i'm terrible at planning, is hero synergies as all my previous armies were very point and click, rather than leveraging overlapping unit buffs which seems to be a thing. Starting with factions - Coalesced / Koatl's Claw make sense, but as far as spells and suplimentary heros the sheer numer of the little lads is confusing to say the least.

Do you have any tips on getting them rolling on the battlefield?

thanks
    /I

Attached Files:

Just A Skink and Bowser like this.
  2. Iteken
    Jungle Swarm

Iteken New Member

Utterly un-coordinated first pass at a 1500pt list to try to learn the ropes:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw
    - Grand Strategy:

- Triumphs:

Leaders
    Skink Priest
    (80)
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215)
    - General
    - Warblade
    - Mount Trait: Beastmaster

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215)
    - Warblade
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade

Engine of the Gods (265)
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Knights
    (220)
    - Lances
    - Reinforced x 1

10 x Saurus Knights (220)
    - Lances
    - Reinforced x 1

20 x Skinks (150)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    - Reinforced x 1

10 x Saurus Warriors (105)
    - Clubs

Total: 1470 / 1500
    Reinforced Units: 3 / 3
    Allies: 0 / 300
    Wounds: 110
    Drops: 8

Skink + engine to hold the middle and Buff the Carnosaurs. Carnosaurs and Saurus to bite things. What could go wrong ?

Just need to assemble 55 models now \^-^/

3. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Looks good. A few suggestions.

I think the Curse prayer on the EotG would be helpful. I ran it recently without a Slann nearby (the only way to get the higher rolls), and it healed up all of it's own damage, and it kept my Kroxigor in the fight longer, just from the engine.

I would split up the Knights into one unit of 10 and two units of 5. Knights are pretty decent even at minimum size and it would give you more physical units on the board to help pressure objectives and achieve battle tactics. Plus, the smaller units don't suffer as many coherency restrictions.

I would consider trying to find room for a Starpriest, if you have one. The Serpent Staff ability on Knights or Skinks is very helpful for doing damage. Without it, you're probably not going to see much damage from the Skinks. In addition, the Starpriest is a wizard to cast, unbind, and dispel. I would consider dropping the Warriors to add one. Optionally, you could drop the Skink Priest and Warriors for a Starpriest and either max out the unit of Skinks to 30, or add another unit of 10 Skinks.

Good luck and have fun.

Iteken and Bowser like this.
  4. Iteken
    Jungle Swarm

Iteken New Member

Thank you very much, this is exactly the sort of point that i'm missing. The StarPriest gives 6+ mortals right, which with 30 skinks gives 60 dice... That tickles.

I realise I can proxy/splam together a Salamander and a razordon instead of the skinks, but turning up with a sack of 30 skinks amuses me, and by your name, seems legit right ? Are there any paricularly standout Artifact/Spell Combos i should look into ? All teh info i have is scattered all over the internet and some out of date tomes.

Bowser and Just A Skink like this.
  5. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Just be aware that the Starpriest gives mortals in addition to regular damage on a 6 to WOUND. So you still have to get those boltspitters to hit.

Hand of Glory for the Starpriest is a great spell. It allows re-rolling 1s on attacks, which works well on any unit.

With your current heroes and Koatl's Claw, you can only take the Eviscerating Blade. But it's a good weapon artifact. You need 1 commander (any # of wounds) and 2 sub-commanders (under 10 wounds) take a Command Entourage or Warlord battalion, which is the only way to get an extra artifact.

I would try to keep the Carnosaurs screened with a unit of Knights. Carnos can punch fairly hard, but they need buffs and support. They decline quickly with damage. It can work well to charge with Knights first, then clean up with the Carno.

Oh, I would also recommend switching the weapon on both Scar-Vets to Warspear for the 2" reach.

Iteken and Bowser like this.
  6. Iteken
    Jungle Swarm

Iteken New Member

Amazing - thank you very much, this is perfect.
    Getting strong Steve Rogers vibes: https://imgur.com/gallery/XS5LK

Got a 1k at the end of the month, then onwards and upwards for the glory of the old ones.
    Best get painting.