1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial GHB2019 - Seraphon overview

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Killer Angel, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

I like it when running a Carnovet since its probably the most command point intensive model we have. 1/3 chance of refunding the point can give some crazy exploding 6s. Curious what other ways we have to get CP outside of Dracothian Tail and Starseer.

Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Lord Kroak.

Dr.Doom, Aginor and ILKAIN like this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

SB with coronal and Starlight on it is easily one of the best tarpits in the game. throw it at a max size horde unit and watch as your opponents 400+ points get tied up with 120 for 3 turns. I do this whenever I play against my LGS owners LoN... skellies never die but he cant send them anywhere.... and if I absolutely need to I can LOSAT him away for a turn to steal an objective right at the end of the game.

Dr.Doom, Wazz, Erta Wanderer and 3 others like this.
  4. Byte
    Saurus

Byte Member

Hello, everyone.

First of all, this threat is...awesome!!!! Thank yoy very much, Killer Angel.
    And thank you again for your generosity. Not everyone shares their knowledge for free.

On the other hand, I have a question about the DT battalion. It's about the requirements.

Why do you say that this battalion needs 0-4 battalions (Sunclaw, Firelance, Eternal, Shadowstrike)?
    In basic rules said: "4 warscroll battalions chosen in any combinatio frome teh followins: ..."
    Why do you deduce they can be zero battalions?

Thanks again. :)

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The warscroll says 0-4 chosen in any combination in GHB 19.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

There were already cases of rules misprinted in the books, and probably you're one of them
    the REAL requirements are

1 Firelance Starhost

0-4 battalions in any combination from:
    - Firelance
    - Shadowstrike

Sadly, I'm at at work and I don't have at hand an image with the correct ruling.

7. Byte
    Saurus

Byte Member

My book said "4 Battalion" :-(.
    MMM, my book is, fotunaly, wrong. :)

Another question. Is DT a battalion of battalions? I mean, Do all battalions inside DT keep their habilites?

THX.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Yes they do, however they don't extend to outside of their battalion. so the firelance will have firelance and DT abilities, the shadow strike will have DT and shadow strike abilities... but the shadow strike will NOT have the firelance abilities.

9. Byte
    Saurus

Byte Member

I understand.

Now, I know why this battlion is so good. :)
    Thank you all very much.

10. trungmi102
    Skink

trungmi102 Member

Thank you for great the thread. I'm learning the AoS and this is much helpful.
    I started with last year battle force box. There is a batalion in the box, is'nt it?
    Starclaw strike host?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

yes but it isn't organized play compliant no point cost that sead you can run a shadow strike battalion out of that box and that's one of our best.

Dr.Doom, Aginor and LizardWizard like this.
  12. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ok Realm Spells not every one uses the relm rules but they are a lot of fun and its good to know what we have to work with all wizards know these spells when in that realm have fun

to make this shorter i will be condensing rudundent spells most realms have a pick spot deal damage to nearby units a line damage spell and a Arcane bolt+. i will go over them generally and then list the spells by usefulness top to bottom

also many of the spells that follow only work on the caster that used the spell it is never a good thing to limit options of a spell and i will judge it accordingly

Arcane Bolt+ this is self explanatory most cast on a 6 and do more base damage then a normal Arcane Bolt standerd is a D3 allot do bonus stuff on top of that use in place of arcane bolt.

AethericTendrils: Ulgu CV6 if the target is a hero or monster you can move them!
    RainOf Lead: Chamon CV6 D3 mortals -1 movement
    Fireball: Aqshi CV5 the bigger the unit the more damage
    ExorcisingBeam: Hysh CV6 d3 normally d6 fit unit is a deamon
    Soulflay: Shyish CV7 olny heroes D3 damage of 3 lowers bravery
    Wordofending: Shyish CV6 only hit heroes roll to beat wounds

line damage spells pick a point 12" away and hurt all units it crosses i like the idea of this mages shooting massive lances of power at the enimys is relay cool but you have to get relay close to the front lines with this to make it count so its mostly a situational last stand thing.harder to cast then Arcane bolt+

SICKLEWIND: Ghyran CV7 D3 mortals no muss no fuss
    MOLTEN GAZE: Chamon CV6 1 mortal
    THE AMBER SPEAR: Ghur CV6 1 mortal

pick spot deal damage to be honest the damage is not why you'r hear its the secondary effect that Hysh has. you do need to roll to see if i hurts each unit and it does hit your units so be careful but this can cripple a lot of units if used right

AethericNet: Hysh CV 6 1 mortal and Half the units movement wooo!
    Fiery Blast: Aqshi CV7 D3 Mortal
    WHIPVINES: Ghyran CV5 1 mortal

13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Aqshi this one is great be ready for a lot of blood
    • Stoke Rage: Casting value of 6. Pick a friendly unit within 12" of the caster that is visible to them. Add 1 to wound rolls and charge rolls for that unit until the your next hero phase. love it warriors wound on a 2+ or 3+ sunbloods will have d3 for damage half the time with a artifact and carnisaurs will be eating everything almost as good as the next one.
    • Inferno Blades: Casting value of 6. Pick a friendly unit within 12" of the caster. Add 1 to the Damage characteristic of melee weapons used by that unit until your next hero phase. double almost all damage this is soooo good if you can get these two spells of you will kill everything i love this realm
    • Glare of Vulcatrix: Casting value of 8. Pick an enemy unit within 9" of the caster that is visible to them. Roll a dice; if the result is higher than the unit’s Wounds characteristic, a model from that unit is slain. meh hit elates and hope you roll high fire can do better
    • Parch: Casting value of 6. Pick an enemy unit within 18" of the caster. That unit must halve its Move characteristic until your next hero phase. In addition, roll a dice each time that unit completes a charge move until your next hero phase. On a 5+ the unit suffers D3 mortal wounds. half movement is relay good and if they can charge they might take damage good.
    • Incandescent Form: Casting value of 6. Subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks that target the caster until your next hero phase this only works on the caster starlight is better

14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Ghyran: a lot of fun control spells and our only option for healing

• Shield of Thorns: Casting value 6, select a friendly unit within 18". Until the next hero phase, enemy units within 3" of that unit at the end of the combat phase automatically suffer D3 mortal wounds. punishes people who stay in combat with the unit or extra damage if you stick a unit in there can do quite a bit if you use it on a big unit and they survive pairs well with doppelgangers cloak
    • MIRRORPOOL: casting value of 6. If successfully cast, remove the caster from the battlefield and set them up again anywhere within 18" of their previous position, more than 9" from any enemy models. we teleport beter skip
    • REALMBLOOD: a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, heal D3 wounds allocated to the caster healing should never be your first chouse but it helps keep your heroes alive
    • FLESH TO STONE: casting value of 7. If successfully cast, re-roll successful wound rolls for attacks that target the caster until your next hero phase. this would be great if it wasn't just the caster as is just teleport away if threatened

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Chamon: a nasty debuff and a few meh damage spells

• Transmutation of Lead: Casting value 7. Choose a visible enemy unit within 18". Until your next hero phase, halve (rounding up) the Move value of all models in the unit. In addition,you can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made against that unit in the combat phase. halving movement is relay good re-rolls not so much they just don't pair well if you are lowering movement it's to keep them out of combat and away from objectives. you won't be fighting
    • RULE OF BURNING IRON: casting value of 8. If successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within 12" of the caster that is visible to them. Roll a dice for each model in that unit. For each 6+ that unit suffers 1 mortal wound. we have a better version of this skip
    • GLITTERING ROBE: casting value of 6. If successfully cast, re-roll save rolls of 1 for the caster until your next hero phase. bad we have a lot of acses to re-roll all saves skip
    • TRANSMUTATION: casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within 18" of the caster that is visible to them and roll 3 dice. For each roll that is greater than that unit’s Wounds characteristic, 1 model from that unit is slain. this has a good chance to cripple a elite unit pair it with a carnasaur and watch them run.
    • CURSE OF RUST: casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within 12" of the caster that is visible to them. Subtract 1 from hit rolls and save rolls for that unit until your next hero phase. this is one of the best debuffs in the game they can't hit you and you just kill them. pair it with starlight and that unit wont hit anything

16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Shyish: surprisingly this one is all about buffing and keeping your units alive huh

Nights Touch: casting value of 8 pick a friendly unit within 6" that unit is ethereal until your next hero phase. this can be a great help fore your moblings just remember we already have rend resistance.
    Soulshroud: casting value of 6 pick a friendly unit within 12" that unit is immune to spells. if you are up against a strong magic list this can be a life saver to finger of death for you nagash.
    Unnatural Darkness: casting value of 6 pick a friendly unit within 12" -1 to hit that unit until your next hero phase. double starlight for the win.
    Ethereal guide: casting value of 6 the caster gets +1 to hit. we have no melee casters this doesn't help us

17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Hysh: a hoge poge of spells and one that use to be busted like you wouldn't be leave

Pha's Protection: Casting value 5, select a friendly unit within 18". That unit can reroll failed saves until the next hero phase. reroll all saves is very good and it works on all units

Light of Battle: Casting value 5, select a friendly unit within 18" this unit doesn't take battle shock tests. this doesn't help us but is very good for a lot of army's be careful of it.
    vengeful Illumination: Casting value 7, select a enemy unit within 18" add 1 to hit rolls for ranged attacks that target this unit. this can be very goog depending on what list your running a thunder quake comes to mind.
    Healing Glow: Casting value 7, select a friendly unit within 6" heal D3 wounds.healing should never be your first chouse but it helps keep your heroes alive.

Banishment: casting value of 8. If successfully cast, pick 1 enemy unit within 12" of the caster that is visible to them. Your opponent must remove that unit from the battlefield and then set it up again, anywhere on the battlefield more than 24" from the caster and more than 9" from any other models from the caster’s army. this use to be that you got to place the unit and it was busted now it's just good 8 is't the easiest cast to make but throwing a unit 2 feet away is still awsum just be shur that your opponent doesn't need them elsware giving them a free teleport isn't fun.

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Ulgu: good buffs and debuffs hear got to love Ulgu
    • LABYRINTH OF SORROW: casting value of 5. If successfully cast, pick a unit within 12" of the caster. Halve the unit's movement speed until your next hero phase. halving movement is good and its easier to cast because no second ability
    • THE ENFEEBLING: a casting value of 6. If successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within 12" of the caster. Any attacks that target that unit reroll failed wound rolls. this is great we have a easy reroll hits but no wound buffs this fixes that
    • PHANTASMAL GUARDIAN: casting value of 6. If successfully cast, every time the caster suffers a wound or mortal wound, you may roll a die. On a 5+ the wound or mortal wound is ignored. 5+ shrugs are great only an the caster but with mortal wounds out there this becomes our best bet to keep the slann alive
    • BRIDGE OF SHADOWS: casting value of 6. If successfully cast, select a friendly unit entirely within 12" of the caster. Remove the unit from the battlefield and place them anywhere on the board wholly within 24" of the caster and 9" away from any enemy models. we have a better teleport skip.

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

@LizardWizard are realm spells ever used in tournaments as far as you know? Some of them are quite good and they're much more utility and (de)buff focussed than the faction-lores that tend to be relativly heavy on damage. If they're commonly used in tandem with the faction lores it'd explain why those faction lores tend to be so light on (decent) utility.

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Ghur: sum good spells with unfortunate key word bingo
    • FLOCK OF DOOM: a casting value of 6. If successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within 18" of the caster that is visible to them and roll 12 dice. For each 6+ that enemy unit suffers 1 mortal wound. on average 2 mortals Ghur has better damage spells
    • IMPENETRABLE HIDE: casting value of 6. If successfully cast, you can re-roll failed save rolls for the caster until the start of your next hero phase. just bring a cogs you get a extra spell and it doesn't go away.
    • COWER: casting value of 6. If successfully cast, pick an enemy MONSTER within 12" of the caster that is visible to them and roll 2D6. If the result is higher than that MONSTER’s Bravery characteristic, it cannot make a charge move in your opponent’s next turn. this would be great if it could hit every one but at the moment it's just situationaly good bad flesh eaters no terrergyst for you.
    • PRIMAL HUNTER: casting value of 8. If successfully cast, pick a friendly HERO within 12" of the caster that is visible to them. Re-roll failed charge rolls and hit rolls for that HERO until your next hero phase. again this could be great but is just good it will help your carnasaur make that LoSaT charge but not for anything summoned in.