1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden tablets: Representing the Great Plan.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by emptyscale, May 21, 2021.

1. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

I'm making up some tablets to put next to the prophecy glyphs on my Ziggurat piece, a pile of looted tablets would make a good objective marker too, and one or two will find their way into the luggage of the Bretonnian Questing Knight conversions I'm working on.

[​IMG]

I've used bluestuff and milliput to copy the tablet of Sotek that appears on the current Tehenhauin model, and the tablet that was on the staff of the previous model. I've also made up a few in greenstuff using some spare mdf rectangles as the back, and ctlr+v'd those too with some bluestuff.
    [​IMG]

Has anyone got any tips for making improvements, or links to tutorials or similar projects?

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Well, I guess it's a no from at least 4 of us.

Looks pretty good as it is to be honest...

Warden and emptyscale like this.
  3. Sauros
    Saurus

Sauros Active Member

Love the idea, well played !

Warden and emptyscale like this.
  4. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

It is in our nature to silently consider things in confabulation until one of us takes an action that goes against their interpretation of the great plan :D

(Anyway I've got a bit sidetracked with Bretonnian knights who've been wading through Lustria taking trophies and looking for trinket cups)

Warden and Noxolotl like this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like those a lot! I never considered carving out my own plaques out of clay/green stuff before.

I have done something "similiar" but it was through casting Mayan glyphs out of a mold and resin kit.
    warden201811_mayan stela 4.jpg

Link to WIP.

lemmy, Noxolotl, Imrahil and 2 others like this.