1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Gotta Paint Em' All!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Tyranitar, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

20230320_121924.jpg 20230320_122120.jpg 20230320_122035.jpg 20230320_122219.jpg 20230320_122247.jpg 20230320_122317.jpg 20230320_122340.jpg 20230320_122409.jpg

Finished up the Hunters and Starseer over the weekend! I did some more work on the starseers eyes and ended up vanishing the orb for shine, then did all their bases. Looking forward to the new kits, hopefully we get the remainder of our reveals at Adepticon!

2. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Thanks! The Hunters of Huanchi have been great for me in AoS. I don't play warcry so can't speak to that. I've used them in Coalesced lists to add mobility and board control, which is something Coalesced tends to lack. They're great for scoring battle tactics like desecrate their lands, stealing objectives that are abandoned, picking off support heroes, dropping down as screens if needed. Tons of utility in general. Most of those things are covered by Starborne's allegiance abilities and that half of the books general list construction, so I haven't used them in those lists yet.

Warden, Noxolotl and Imrahil like this.
  3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Great work man!!
    Damn I love that Starseer :)

Grrr, !mrahil

Tyranitar, Just A Skink and Warden like this.
  4. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Thank you! Not sure what's up next, kind of in a weird spot with the new book and models on the way. Need to keep painting something tho because I'm planning to go to Atlantic City Open and I want some flexibility for lists in case our book is legal by then

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Tyranitar
    Terradon

20230321_220543.jpg

I've opted for madness, restoring 60 saurus warriors in various states of assembly. Going to build 30 with spears and 30 with clubs. I figure if I don't do something with them now, I never will since there's new models on the way. This takes a decent chunk out of my pile of shame, and I'll have 60 warriors ready to go in case they end up good in the new book! The red ones in the top right corner are some of my old painted models, those will stay intact for nostalgia, I dug them out as I was rounding up all the warriors I've accumulated over the years.

Definitely going to be working the speed paint muscles on this one.

Noxolotl, Warden, Imrahil and 3 others like this.
  6. Quetzalcoatlus
    Saurus

Quetzalcoatlus Active Member

Yeah, loving the Skink Wizard!

Good luck with the Saurus!

Tyranitar likes this.
  7. Tyranitar
    Terradon

20230327_151414.jpg

Got them all restored, rebased, etc. These models were in all manner of disarray, broken, unbuilt, etc. Feels good cleaning up what was otherwise a pile of junk and shame lol. Now for some primer and paint!

8. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Looking good. Keep your spirit high!

Tyranitar likes this.
  9. Tyranitar
    Terradon

20230404_213917.jpg

Got around to sitting at the airbrush booth today, got all the saurus primed as well as my engine project. Started doing the skin tone on the saurus with the airbrush but wasn't liking how it was turning out so I stopped. I used terradon turquoise for the skin on my knights and wanted these to be the same, but the airbrush was drying the contrast too quick and it wasn't settling right, so I'll have to do them by hand. I did get the base layer down for my galaxy freehand on the engine tho! I'll be working on these over the next couple of weeks, I have a small tournament at a local GW May 20th so goal is to have all this done by then.

Noxolotl, Warden, JTSleep and 2 others like this.
  10. Tyranitar
    Terradon

20230413_005738.jpg

Update, got the skin and shield color down. Moving right along

Noxolotl, Warden, Imrahil and 2 others like this.
  11. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice work, almost done with those saurus!

Tyranitar likes this.