1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xandrmoro, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Xandrmoro
    Jungle Swarm

Xandrmoro New Member

Hi guys!

Hopefully you won't expel me for being not a player and even not a collector x)
    Actually, long time ago I was something like "that guy from WH party"; then I stopped playing, leaving only brush, knife and foam plastic connecting me with your world; and, few years later, there came some, lets say, troubles which finally cut me off for roughly three years.

But all that years I had a dream. And now I felt like "Hey, man, we are ready to try!".
    Imagine your game board being a solid part of Lizard city: a little temple (even largest board wont be able to hold the Main Temple of the Sun City, will it?) with its altars, birth pools and living quarters, surrounded by jungle and tiny service buildings. Sweet, right?

And I came to the place, which I once visited as read-only guest, to gather some information and inspiration. So, will you condemn me and sacrifice my blood to Sotek, or not?

If no - here will be my first question. As far as I was able to investigate yet, Lustria was completely destroyed - firstly by war, then by warp rain tearing it apart. Are cities still actual in current fluff?

n810 likes this.
  2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The Old Ones always rejoice when a lurker joins the active community.

I have yet to crack open an Age of Sigmar book yet, but my understanding is that the major pyramids were actually spaceships (or as close to spaceships as to make no difference and that the Lizardmen resettled on a new planet(s). So the old cities are gone, but new cities are emerging.

3. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I was under the impression that the entire world also imploded and formed a "sigmarite" core that Sigmar flew through space with to make the Mortal Realms.

If you are taking up the pen, you can ignore official lore of the Old World if it gets in your way.

I would really like to see an entire table top Temple City, please share when done.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

If no - here will be my first question. As far as I was able to investigate yet, Lustria was completely destroyed - firstly by war, then by warp rain tearing it apart. Are cities still actual in current fluff?

yep the cities where spaceships all along....

Can't wait to see your table. :)

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I'm also drawing up plans atm for a Temple city display board for Armies on parade next October ;)

@Xandrmoro

please post WIP pics as you go :)

6. Xandrmoro
    Jungle Swarm

Xandrmoro New Member

Right now I'm on the stage of creating 3d printer and preparing the rest of workbench, like buying paints and crafting table itself. Of course, there will be WIP thread as soon as I will be ready - hopefully, in a week or two.
    Thank you for your interest! :)