1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How good is Celestant Prime as an ally?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Kilvakar, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Just curious to hear people's thoughts on the wielder of Ghal Maraz himself being used in a Seraphon list. He's one of the most frequently mentioned units when people are discussing allies, Frostheart Phoenix is up there as well. But has anyone actually used him in a list? If so, how did he perform? What turn do you bring him in on? What sort of lists would you take him in? And are there any other Stormcast heroes/units you'd rather take instead?

To me, it seems that he's pretty reliable when brought in turn 3 to build up his attacks, then get at least one round of shooting mortal wounds off, and then his foresight ability guarantees him a 12 inch charge so he *will* get into combat. But is it worth taking him at 325 points?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

in order
    yes
    he was ok
    3 some times 2. him being off the table for some of the most critical turns of the game hurts but coming in early gimps him fairly badly. and then you have all in...
    i wouldn't, having a unit that does less damage but is useful for 2 additional turns is generally a better option. that said most coalesced lists like the deep strike and he does well as a pinning unit.
    Lord-Arcanum. i just love -1s to hit and 18" is good range for a spell. Knight-Judicator with Gryph-hounds he is a more expensive version of Doric but is not wizard dependent. the rest are either keyword dependent or just really really bad.

Putzfrau and Kilvakar like this.
  3. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Prime provides guaranteed push on points and deepstrike for lists that don't have it (dracs tail for the push / coalesced for deepstrike.)

It's a very strong piece. Guaranteeing a charge with a 3+ save 4+ ward model with a rend 3 damage 3 has the possibility to be very, very strong.

Personally, I think he's best in a koatl's list. I like stormdrakes better in dracs tail and no allies in thunder lizard (just don't think TL needs it and you lose out on the pure efficiency of the seraphon models).

Kilvakar likes this.