1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Joshua's adequate painting Blog.

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by jinjerJosh22, Oct 31, 2022.

1. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

Me too! I have a slog of them to work through, but only 25 more to go!

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

yup, you're good now. congratz on the level up!

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  3. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

They look great!

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  4. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

Been slowly working on the Cold ones over the course of the week. They are just about done (realising has all the gold to do as well as the teeth and claws on two models) soon I will start on the riders for the last pair of cold ones as well as finishing up on a third.
    Busy week this week, mostly social obligations, which I often find more tiring than work so I'm not sure how much will get done but I am hopeful I will have my first complete unit of Saurus Knights (at least to a satisfactory standard) hopefully by the start of next week. Only took me 20 years, good job me :p

Plan on uploading photos of the progress tomorrow :D

Lizards of Renown and VikingRage like this.
  5. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing it!

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  6. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

As it stands, here they are:
    upload_2022-11-14_18-32-36.jpg
    (These first three are part of the "before crew". Pretty much what they all looked like before the recent work.)
    upload_2022-11-14_18-32-36.jpeg
    (The two riderless cold ones are what I have worked on over the last couple of days. The green drums are inspired by something I saw on the forum, I like how they turned out)
    upload_2022-11-14_18-32-36.jpg
    (The unit all together with the older models in the back (I hope that would be obvious :p)

It's been nice seeing how they have progressed, so far, a really enjoyable project. I look forward to seeing them all complete, but I am in absolutely no rush to get it done, which is also a nice change. Doing a little here and there has been a breath of fresh air to my usual "must get it done now!" attitude. This is something I have learned more recently, especially since the only time constraints are my own making.

7. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

They look great! Looking forward to see more.

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  8. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  9. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Here is an army I have been working on:
    upload_2023-2-6_19-26-57.jpeg upload_2023-2-6_19-26-57.jpeg

These are a little bit special to me in the sense that this is one of the few "original" paint schemes that I have done. Actually the scheme came to me before I had any models or any idea that it would be the Lumineth donning it. I painted up the armour of a cheap Bannerblade and for me it was decided!

10. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

They look amazing! The colors work really good together.
    I love the more brass gold on the rims

Great work!

Grrr, !mrahil

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  11. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Thank you!
    I went back and forth a lot on what to use on the rims, so I really appreciate the comment.

Imrahil likes this.
  12. Quetzalcoatlus
    Saurus

Quetzalcoatlus Active Member

Loving the vibrant colours on your Lumineth!

The massive archer (can’t remember the name) is especially pleasing on the eye!

Imrahil and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

While I think the application of colors is technically flawless, the choice of shade of purple does not jive with the green +overall darkness of other items.

14. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Sevireth, he is a really cool model and surprisingly simple to build. I thought to myself I really wouldn't mind painting another and lucky since there is an alt model in the set. :artist:
    Thank you. I'll look into other purples for sure, though my purple range is rather limited :p
    Could you give me an idea of what shade you would use?
    Also I would super appreciate any suggestions for the trim around the dark green. I ended up with the emerald blue, as seen on the captain in the photo above. While I'm quite happy to paint them that colour any food for thought would be good. :D

Warden likes this.
  15. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Frankly, I'd change it to be a lighter shade of blue/green so that they flow more consistently. Right now you have two primary darks (blue/green on the skirts, browns, etc) and two highpoints (purple, green.)

If you are dead set on the purple, I'd suggest a deeper tone like Vallejo game color heavy violet washed with something.

Warden and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  16. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Thank you, certainly not dead set on anything other than the light green armour. This project has been going since April of last year, part of the reason it's taken so long is not being able to find the right colours. Originally I had a duller green on the armour before switching to Moot green and I had thought about using that, though I think like you say a blue/green I think would probably go better.

Warden likes this.
  17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

After thinking about it, I would use Vallejo game color turquoise instead of the purple, after reviewing your Metallic hue and the green/blue.

Warden, Imrahil and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  18. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Have been busy with painting in the last couple of months but doing my best not to rush things. Here is the progress on my new warriors :D DD2BDEEF-E479-4A52-88B4-02AA689220F1.jpeg
    I also painted up this Wood elf I’ve had for about 15 years unpainted :p 5AECE813-0430-43B7-9E1B-DDFD5F8F59FD.jpeg
    Thought to myself “I wish I could paint this well back then” haha. I love these Glade Guard which is why I bought another 30 or so…. :eek: Well I don’t pick them up until July so plenty of time to work on more Lizards ;)

19. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice work on the Wood Elf! That was my brother's second army... brings back lots of memories :D

VikingRage and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  20. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

And so it begins!
    IMG_20230722_212449.jpg

Not sure how long it's been since I've touched 40K, I remember the two sets I had back in the day.
    The battle for Maccrage and Black Reach, the latter had zero paint on the models when I found it last year.
    Since coming back into the hobby I had hoped to see the Tyranids show up in a starter set at some point and show up they have.

In other news I've signed up at my local GW for their AoS gaming evening that they hold every third Thursday of the month(Aug 17). I need a 1000 point army but I'm not sure who I'm going to take, but whoever I decide on will get my attention this month as a I plan on updating my blog as much as possible. Let's see how long that lasts :p

Imrahil, Explodingzeb and JTSleep like this.