1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen 2250 point army list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Liokaiser, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Liokaiser
    Skink

Liokaiser Member

So you can march with these guys and still shoot? My opponent said I couldn't.

2. Lizards of Renown
    Skink Priest

Lizards of Renown Well-Known Member

Oh wow... My friend, I hope your opponent didn't pull the wool over your eyes due to malice...

Check the rules for Skirmishers. They can March and fire in the same turn. Then if you give them Javelins (which has the rule Quick to Fire) then they do not get a minus for moving and shooting.

The upshot is that they can March 12 inches, then shoot (usually at 5's to hit as with a 12" range for the Javelins you're almost always at long range).

You're playing 8th edition right?

Liokaiser likes this.
  3. Liokaiser
    Skink

Liokaiser Member

Yes 8th edition rules. Thanks, I know for the next battle. It's been months since I played at the and this time with a new army. Honestly I can't wait to play again.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Lizards of Renown likes this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Skink Priest

Yep.

And remember that as Skirmishers you can do free reforms, so you can reform, march backwards, reform to face forwards and then shoot again, effectively retreating while firing to give you more firing time.

Liokaiser likes this.
  5. Karnus
    Razordon

Karnus Well-Known Member

I usually take 4x 10 minimum. This way you can win the deployment war by putting down more chaff than the opponent. And I use chaff lightly

Liokaiser and Lizards of Renown like this.
  6. Lizards of Renown
    Skink Priest

That's the amount I usually take as well. It's almost an auto-include for me for a) deployment, b) redirectors, c) making tempting charges to pull units out of the battle line and d) there's usually something in every army that HATES poison which I can send them after.

Liokaiser likes this.
  7. Liokaiser
    Skink

Liokaiser Member

Time for a new list. Can't wait to pay again. Should I get rid of the Bastiladon for more Skirmishers? Or another unit of Cold One Riders?

Slann Mage Priest General BSB Wandering Deliberations/Beclaiming Cogitations 380 points
    Saurus Scar Veteran on Carnosaur Great Weapon Armour of Destiny on Cold One 349
    Saurus Warriors unit of 35 Warriors Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Eternal Flames 415 points
    Temple Guard unit of 28 Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Armour Piercing 457 points
    Bastiladon with solar engine 150 points
    Skink Skirmishers unit of 10 70 points
    Cold One Riders unit of 5 150 points
    Dispel Scroll 25 points

2206 points

8. Lizards of Renown
    Skink Priest

If you're playing regularly, then I would say try out some different army layouts. If I had the option of playing as regularly as you, I would try out some experimental lists. Come up with some wild strategies and test them out. Then you will know for sure when and where to use your different army pieces.

Just my opinion.

Liokaiser likes this.