1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Lizardmen and Light Armour?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by DavidSS, Jul 9, 2010.

1. DavidSS
    Skink

DavidSS Member

Hey all.
    I've recently decided that I want to make a Lizardmen army, but I've run into a problem, while I was making an army list.

I've picked an Oldblood, he has a 4+ save, then I gave him a Carnosaur, that increases his save by 1+, so it's now 3+. Then I gave him Blade of Revered Tzunki, and then a shield, so i HTH, he now has 2+. Is this correct?
    And the other question is, if I give him light armour, does it then increase his armour save by 1+, or does it simply give him 6+ armour save?

-David

2. Andycano
    Skink

Andycano New Member

His armour save Will be 1+ but you roll armour saves anyway because a roll of 1 is always a fail regardless if he has a 1+ armour save . The adavantage of having a 1+ armour save is that say he was wounded with 1 Empire Gunner which has the armour piercing rule which reduces his save by 1 meaning say you didnt give him light armour his save would be 3+ instead of a 2+ .. so if he had the light armour as well his save would still be 2+ ...
    Probably not the best explanation please say if i lost you :shifty:

3. DavidSS
    Skink

DavidSS Member

Well I know all about the +1 is infact +2, and 1 is always a wound, I've been playing 40k for some time, and wanted to start fantasy, but my question was if ligt armour and shield gave +2 to his 4+ scaly save so it would be a 2+ save ( And then the mount's save, so it's a 1+ save), and I think I got an answer from what you wrote ;), so thanks

4. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

all your armor and scaly skin saves stack, so an oldblood with SS(4+) and light armor(+1 for 3+) and a shield(+1 for 2+) on a carnosaur(+1 for 1+) would stack all the way down. though tbh with 8th ed, go with heavy armor, enchanted shield and a cold onefor -2Sv and a 4+ward. thats just me though.

5. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

in 8th you cant get better than a 1+ save, so you would be wasting points for all that.

6. DavidSS
    Skink

DavidSS Member

Well Lizardmen can't get heavy armour ;)