1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW Lizardmen first meta data

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by airjamy, Mar 26, 2024.

1. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

2. BeardedLizard
    Skink

BeardedLizard Member

I knew we were in a decent place but top 3 is surprising to me. Definitely can't ignore the fact that we're also one of the least played armies so our winrate is still in flux.

Why are we doing so well?
    Skinks are the best ranged core unit in the game and we can go heavy with the big monsters which seem to be one of the meta defining things in Old World. High wound monsters are very good in tournament play since you don't give up points until the whole thing is dead.

Also we have a way to abuse magic and dispel ranges with the Arcane Vassal rule.

Whether you go Magic heavy/Monster heavy/Mix of the 2 I don't think you can go too wrong with the lizardmen as long as you bring plenty of skinks.

3. RipperDerek
    Razordon

RipperDerek Active Member

I would take that data with a grain of salt. The 41 data points for Lizardmen (and in general all the numbers you see above) are total number of games played. Since BCP data is being used, I alone am probably like 9 of those data points. It's probably really only covering the performances of like 5 or 6 people, at least for Lizardmen.

4. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

Just don't trust to those data!

55% of tournament are done at less than 1750 points ...that means fewer dragons or flying monsters that we suffer a lot. More core units than other kind units and we have really GOOD core units (both skinks and saurus do a lot of their point cost).

Last but not least 41 games are nothing. I have done 5 by myself in the last tournament that i described in detail in the combat reports forum here: https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/first-tournament-at-2000-5-matches.27299/#post-456673.

Lizardmen is the army least played after Chaos Dwarves....many of us playing them are nostalgical player who know them well. New players buy new armies or no legacy armies and have to learn how to use them. So many data right now cannot be trusted.

One more thing....interesting that the last 5 armies have NO possibilities to have a big flying monster like a drake....is this by chance ?

5. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Yeah super suprised at us being so high and Chaos Dwarves being so low. Otherwise more or less what I thought. Woodies are a problem.

Yeah skinks+ monsters I can see why we are high but it's sort of annoying that this graph is likely a measurement of how well you can abuse army lists. I'd happily pay extra for our monsters if they redid our multiple F grade units so we could take balanced army lists.