1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizerd’s Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Lizerd, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good report!
    The thing about Skeletons is:
    People often see them only as many wounds, bad save, slow move horde unit. But they can be surprisingly killy in big units, especially when buffed by a Necromancer and/or Vampire and/or Wight King and/or Grand Host of Nagash abilities.

I would be very hesitant to charge a Carnosaur into 30+ Skeletons. He will quite likely die in the first round, just because Skeletons have SO many attacks.
    In fact I got a bag of very small (10mm) dice for my Death army because I cannot hold 80+ dice in my two hands if the dice are regular size. :D

The single most important thing to do as a LoN General is keeping the heroes safe. That's where your opponent screwed up and you used that opportunity. Well done!

I also think you "won" this. Seraphon have a hard time against LoN, almost everyone has in fact. You managed to hold them off. :)

2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Agreed, this was a pretty chaotic battle. While I’m used to fighting my dad who has some 20 skeletons from the 80s, they don’t really scare me however when buffed, sotek help us all. The guy had some 30 skeletons, so that’s already 3 attacks, a vampire buffing their attack, and then they got to attack twice. A carnosaur may be tough, but not that tough. I would be amazed if even a magmadroth walked out alive.

As for the dice, he had about 30, and he was about average height and even then it was obvious on how he was struggling to hold them all, maybe that is why he got some pretty awful roles :D

As for his generals, I definitely agree with the belief that keeping them alive is critical. My guess is that since my Oldblood had only 3 wounds left he could take it. Unfortunately for him, a wounded carnosaur is still a carnosaur that can eat people and furthering this is my Oldblood for unknown reasons has been extremely hard to kill. I love that Oldblood :D

As for victory, yeah I like to think I won as my opponent died for literal crap ;). Had our warscrolls been up to date, I probably would have one, but for now I content myself with a pretty awesome draw while facing enemies that just won’t stay dead :)

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yeah, my 40 skeletons killed a buffed Goddrakk with save 2+ and FNP 6+ :D

Another thing to Always remember when charging a horde: always go for the very margin of it, to minimize the pile-in and so the number of Attacks you will suffer in return.
    And possibly not when your opponent can take a double turn.

THat said, good game against a difficult army. Mistakes can be improved. ;)

4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Well bad news my fellow lizards, it is extremely unlikely I will be able to go to a tournament Sunday (stuff popped up) but I will try and do something to sate our blood lust.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Eh, i feel your pain.
    For the next weeks, i won't be able to play Seraphon... :(

6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Well I am playing this sunday, so expect a battle pretty soon. Also I still need help with an army

7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright, just underwent two surprisingly short battles. To spoil the first one I went up against the local champion who plays dark aelves, and promptly had the life beaten out of me.

Game two was a lot more enjoyable, expect a report today or tommorow. Or maybe later.

8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Small spoiler here to get you all excited: my carnosaur tore a zombie dragon to ribbons and walked out alive

9. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

Seems I should take mine in my 750 games then!

10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I did get pretty lucky that time but I did it, again.
    What you use is a blade of realities on the jaw, then a skink starpriest to mitigate damage, and ancient warlord on arms. Brutal combination and basically ended the battle there.

11. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

If you're using Blade of Realities and not Doppleganger Cloak, how are you avoiding the fight last effect? Or is that only on the dragon/terrorgheist with a rider?

12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Actually I had a weird way of compensating. I ended up using some saurus knights to block his path, as if he moved over them he would get jumped and devoured on two sides. So he had to pause before them and prepare to move around them. However due to some priority luck I got the jump. Had the dragon had a rider I probably may have wanted the cloak but the knight screen did work fairly well.

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

What do you mean by this?

14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Just adds an extra rend, going from rend 1 to rend 2

15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yeah, but you cannot apply it to the natural weapons of the mount.

Otherwise, we all would "give" the sword of judgement to the EotG crushing stomps. ;)

16. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

oof. Well it doesn’t say that carnosaurs are a mount, atleast not on the warscrolls. So in THEORY it’s legal, both a blade of realities on the carnosaur or a sword of judgment on the EOTG. I think....

Expect that bat rep tomorrow, sadly the images aren’t very good so I might do a small gallery.

17. Killer Angel
    Slann

It happens also to me. When you're playing you take pictures on the fly

18. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright here goes:
    Seraphon vs death
    I went in thinking I would lose handily as this guy had just vaporized an 800point unit with Arkhan the black. Little did I know how wrong I was.

Turn one: my opponent won and moved first, failed to reach me and engage in combat, leaving him relatively open.
    My turn was similar, I moved around and failed to engage in combat.

Turn two: I win priority and go first, at two points I close. The Oldblood on carnosaur reaches the zombie dragon and the scar veteran on carnosaur reaches his vampire lord General. They were supported by a few knights, and then the slaughter began. The scar vet on carnosaur instantly killed his general, while the Oldblood did something far more nuts. It ran up to the zombie dragon and, inflicted 12 wounds in one go. Twelve. At once. In a single turn. Lone behold the zombie dragon was basically dead. My opponent looked up, shook my hand and said good game, and we played for one more round. He failed to do much damage on his turn so again round ended.

Turn three: I win priority, LoSaT and seize the objectives, kill the zombie dragon, and basically won the game. Me and my opponent both agreed the fight had practically ended.

If this report seems short, that’s because the battle was rapid. It lasted under 30 minutes and was very one sided, for the lizards.

19. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wish my battle went like this, lol!

20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

It really shouldn’t have ended this quickly, this was the same guy who last week, forced a stalemate after 2 hours.

Carnosaurs are awesome is the lesson we can learn :D