1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizerd’s Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Lizerd, Mar 31, 2019.

1. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Great win. Can't wait to see more.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

The campaign will continue, next up is a vanguard engagement

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Nice battlereport, though I might have spotted a minor error...

You listed 1 unit of 10 Skinks in your army list, but I see a unit of 20 on the field?

Where did it go wrong?

Grrr, Imrahil

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Yep, we caught that but at the end of the round. We also realized a few things; he would have claimed an objective but overall I still would’ve controlled the majority. The loss of the skinks also would’ve meant I would have won the kill points and we’d be pretty close in score and another problem was it was not the skinks killing stuff, that went to the train of saurus knights :D

Imrahil, LizardWizard and Carnikang like this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright meeting engagement is under way,

battle for the center, meeting engagement 1000 points
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw

Spearhead
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (110)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade

10 x Saurus Knights (200)
    - Lances

Main Body
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances

Rearguard
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances

Battalions
    Firelance Temple-host (160)

Total: 990 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Wounds: 71

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash

Spearhead
    Vampire Lord (140)
    - Mount: Nightmare
    - Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions

3 x Fell Bats (80)
    5 x Hexwraiths (140)

Main Body
    Necromancer (130)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
    - Artefact: Balefire Lantern
    - Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour

5 x Dire Wolves (70)
    10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
    - Ancient Blades
    10 x Grave Guard (140)
    - Great Wight Blades

Rearguard
    Vampire Lord (140)
    - Mount: Flying Horror
    - Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike

5 x Dire Wolves (70)

Total: 990 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Wounds: 74

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Round 1: Seraphon win deployment, and the saurus knights and scar veteran rush for the central objective. Scar veteran manages to get to the engine and garrison it.

end seraphon turn 1

Legions of Nagash: opening with an arcane bolt on the scar veteran. He followed up by charging in fell bats and vampire lord onto the scar veteran in the pyramid. The scar veteran chuckles, kills the vampire lord with his warpick and fearsome jaws. Then he knocks a bat down to two wounds. On response the bats do one wound
    Score 5-0

80DCC8A1-C8AD-427E-88F2-B00A14BA3219.jpeg

7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Round 2: seraphon win roll off and get to set up first, however bad rolling means death takes the turn,

Legions of Nagash turn 2
    A few wounds are recovered by the bats, bringing them back up to full. The dire wolves move up the fields and the hexwraiths close on the saurus knights. 2 wounds brings down a saurus knights. Bats do nothing, and the scar veteran downs another.

Seraphon turn 2
    Main body arrives and moves in, no charges. In combat the saurus knights down 2 more hex wraiths. Bats again do nothing and another bat is brought down.

score 10-0
    901B967A-8525-4B8A-983A-58A2A64A2130.jpeg

Tav, Aginor, Nazqua and 2 others like this.
  8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Round 3
    Legions win roll of and get to go first as rearguard arrives.

legions of Nagash turn 3
    Some wounds are recovered on damaged units, most importantly heals the entire hexwraith unit back up to full capacity.
    Charges are in, and combat ensues. Grave guard are buffed with danse macabre and extra attacks from the necromancer and vampire lord. They wipe the remaining saurus knights and scar veteran. I retaliate and wipe out the dire wolves.

Seraphon turn 3
    Serpent staff and all out attack applied to a unit of knights,
    Saurus knights all make their charges, and the unit of 5 instantly wipes the grave guard. Skeletons retaliate by killing a Knight and wounding another before the unit responds by killing the entire unit. Dire wolves respond deal a wound, and the unit of knights kills 2 wolves and wounds another. Hex wraiths kill a Knight, but at this point it’s to late. My opponent held the objective but I won the kill score, so at this point he conceded.

final score 12-3

66903A62-5434-41F2-8CB1-81224CB0274A.jpeg

This report was brought to you by cocoa who helped with the writing
    D8CC8848-249B-49D7-93C7-626A78983E67.jpeg

campaign ramifications: With the strongest local army crushed, the way to the provincial capital is wide open, and the legions of Koatl's claw prepare to march upon the undead city

9. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Well played. Nice Battlereport!
    You didn't mention the Realmshaper Engine on your army list ;)

Congrats on the win.

Grrr, Imrahil

Nazqua, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright the final battle, the forces of Koatls claw have been arrayed before the gates of New Lhamia.
    Battleplan: Shifting Objectives

Leaders

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (230)

- General

- Command Trait: Dominant Predator

- Artefact: Blade of Realities

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)

- War Spear

- Artefact: Eviscerating Blade

Lord Kroak (320)

- Spell: Stellar Tempest

Skink Starpriest (120)

- Spell: Hand of Glory

Battleline

15 x Saurus Knights (300)

- Lances

- Lances

- Lances

10 x Skinks (60)

- boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

10 x Skinks (60)

- boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

10 x Skinks (60)

- Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Battalions

Firelance Temple-host (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs

Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 135

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
    Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
    Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
    - General
    - Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
    - Command Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty
    - Artefact: Soulbound Garments
    - Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb

Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
    - Mount: Steed
    Necromancer (130)
    - Artefact: Shadeglass Decanter
    - Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify

Vampire Lord (140)
    - Mount: Flying Horror
    - Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference

Cairn Wraith (60)

Battleline
    - Ancient Spears
    - Ancient Spears
    40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
    - Ancient Spears

Units
    5 x Blood Knights (180)
    5 x Black Knights (120)
    10 x Grave Guard (140)
    - Great Wight Blades
    3 x Fell Bats (80)

Battalions
    Deathmarch (150)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Wounds: 137
    The ramifications of this battle will be colossal, a victory for the seraphon will shatter underpaid ominion over much of the land, while an undead victory would ensure their death grip on power. The fate of the region hangs in the balance.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Erta Wanderer and Imrahil like this.
  11. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    things started out fairly evenly, both sides lined up. A good first turn saw LoN move in, claim all 3 objectives, and gum up the seraphon, bogging down their saurus knights and forcing them to chew through chaff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so far LoN were up 5-0.
    Round 2 saw the VLoZD charge into seraphon lines, and then whiff on killing the carnosaur while the skeletons engaged in a close quarters grind with the saurus knights.
    [​IMG]
    End of the round saw most of the skeletons cleared, while the skinks were butchered. Both carnosaurs did some serious work ono their targets while the saurus knights mulched everything they were in combat in, only losing out to the blood knights on my right flank where they where chewed down but quality of attacks.

End of Round LoN were up 10-0, so objectives wise they were far ahead.

Round 3 is when things changed, i got the initiative and with the chaff chewed up got to send my oldblood into his heroes, chomping most of them up while the saurus knights cleared the remaining death infantry, still though on the right flank the blood knights ground down my saurus knights. However the fight was decided when the Scar Veteran slew the VLoZD with some lucky mortal wounds.
    At this point my opponent conceded, as most of his force was wiped.

Round ended in 11-4, HOWEVER seraphon would hve claimed the remaining objectives as there was nothing left to contest them in the next rounds, handing the Seraphon a major vicotry!

notes: first time using geminds, which worked fairly well all things considered, did some nice mortal wounds and heavily limited the returning attacks.

campaign conclusion:
    The seraphon would come to butcher the forces arrayed at the gates, leaving only a few to scurry back to New Lhamia which was then sacked and razed by the rampaging saurus legions. In that moment the history of the region was irrevocably changed shatter the grip of the undead on the land.

12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

alright in case the images dont work

Attached Files:

Imrahil and Killer Angel like this.
  13. LegateOfItza
    Jungle Swarm

LegateOfItza New Member

Sounds like the Great Plan went smoothly in the end.

Lizerd likes this.
  14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

indeed, the carnosaurs and saurus knights mulched through the enemy

15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

once again, i pick up where smelly past me left off. While I havent been doing much aos as the FEC are still growing and LoN arent up to the saurus knights rush, I have been branching out into some 40k and killteam, and recently have been participating in a narrative tournament bringing some slightly homebrewed enclaves t'au.

Expect something tomorrow, and always remember that you cannot hide from tau smart missile systems ;)

Imrahil, Killer Angel and Carnikang like this.
  16. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

So we just finished up and while it is fresh in my brain i'll write out the report.
    the game was homebrew dark mechanicus vs t'au with some modifications
    starting with the mission, we took our battle on a glacier, adding movement penalties to non flying units, Also of note were the objectives being portals units could elect to jump into and hop out of into another objective. Gimmicky but quite fun

round 1:
    upload_2021-2-28_15-11-27.png
    dark mechanicus get the first turn, using the drill on the top left they hop through one of the gnaw holes and right behind my lines. A quick firefight ensues where a few drones get gunned down and a broadside is imapled in close combat. Since nobody else was in range, turn passes to me.
    tau respond with farsight declaring mont'ka and falling back with the broadside to finish the drill. Some drones move around, breachers pop out of a devilfish and i appear to be in a decent spot, passing the turn.

Screenshot (1483).png
    round 2
    dark mech pick up the slack, with their infantry tagging and killing another broadside while their walkers hop up and down the devilfish, which suddenly again puts this match on a knifes edge. While farsight carves up some of them in melee, they still have the objective which is a big turn for the worse.
    Tau turn responds in more shooting with a broadside using a homebrew strat to slip out and open fire on a walker, dealing some good damage with the help of a command and control node. Remaining breachers move out and try to reclaim an objective while farsight keeps working in cqc.

round 3
    dark mech again keep pushing, the last broadside is focused down while some walkers stay put on a few objectives, luckily though, casualties overall are relatively light which enables a decent counter attack. using some hazards in manta, the hazards go to work taking out a walker and capturing the top left objective.

round 4
    dark mech respond, deepstriking a smaller unit to hold another objective, clearing up some infantry and moving walkers to deal with the xv9s. some shield drones are blasted but miraculously they stay intact, even after a brutal level of their cqc. Tau respond by using the homebrew strat and falling out with and returning with a point blank blast of fusion cascades melting both walkers. However farsight is gunned down in overwatch, and breachers fail to claim my home objective which hands victory to the dark mechanicus on victory and kill points. All in all this game was a blast to run, and my opponent was very sporting and a solid dude to take a match with. as always C&C is welcome, and I hope you had fun reading this report :)

Carnikang and Imrahil like this.
  17. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright folks, after well over a year with no in person store games, i finally got a game in! While it was originally planned for me to face off against Beastclaw raiders, the guy didn't show for an hour, and one of the people at the store had an open table and was interested in a game, meaning I got to face off against slaanesh.

Battleplan Feral Foray, 1k points

Round 1
    turn 1- slaanesh
    Slaanesh moves up, summons an endless spell, and ends turn
    slaanesh lead 3-2

Seraphon turn-1
    knights bound up, while skinks and carnosaurs tag a screen infront of sigvald and proceed to remove it from the census.
    slaanesh lead 6-4

Round 2
    seraphon get double turn, and pretty much win the game right there
    sigvald and most nearby units are eaten with only a unit of slick blade seekers left alive

And that it is it really, quite likely my shortest game of aos, but a fun game none the less

[​IMG]

18. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Last entry in 2021? This needs an update.

Today: Seraphon vs Legion of Night, or alternatively Bald vampire and conclave of wizards seeking the cure for male pattern baldness are assailed by hungry reptiles.

- Mortal Realm: Ghur

- Grand Strategy:

- Triumphs:

Leaders

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (260)*

- General

- Command Trait: Vengeful Defender

- Artefact: Sotek's Gaze

Skink Starseer (150)*

- Lore of Primal Frost: Hoarfrost

Lord Kroak (410)

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)*

Battleline

6 x Aggradon Lancers (380)*

- Reinforced x 1

3 x Aggradon Lancers (190)*

3 x Kroxigor (160)*

- 1x Moonhammers

10 x Skinks (90)*

10 x Skinks (90)*

Units

1 x Spawn of Chotec (120)*

Core Battalions

*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000

Reinforced Units: 1 / 4

Wounds: 130

Drops: 2

Battleplan was towers in the tundra, and with fewer drops I had the undead take the first turn.

IMG_20231206_133543158_HDR.jpg

Round 1: death, outside of some relatively inconsequential casting, between the arcane scenery, the starseer getting an additional cast and unbind, and a very magical mummified frog very little was successfully cast. On my turn I got a few buffs off but not hoarfrost meaning that the aggradons would not hit as hard as I want, however since 6 aggradons are a menace to the enemy and public security they still bludgeoned a great deal of skeletons, and with the oldblood having sotek's gaze gabe me control of the objective. On the left my kroxigor made a successful charge long charge and got into the enemy blood knights but whiffed. 3-3 end of round

Imrahil likes this.
  19. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

IMG_20231206_141908818_HDR.jpg
    Top of turn 2: I did not win the double turn which really hurt. Death opened by manuvering in the black knights and doing a number on the aggradons (killing 1 and wounding another) while skeletons made contact with aggradons on the left and continued to dig in. Mannfred, being the sneaky bastard he is jumped over the aggradons and dived for the spawn of chotec and quickly disposed of it which allowed for the skeletons to then do a number on the aggradons while the black knights cleaned up the last kroxigor. However this was planned, and the carnosaur lunged at mannfred and left him on a wound. A single damn wound. Next time I am taking blade of realities, that moment came really close to costing the game as mannfred then regenerated after dropping an aggradon and with the remaining skinks being polished off on the left. On the right things were better, as the aggradons being locked in combat for 2 rounds did a number on the skeletons, put some hurt on the dire wolves, nearly killed a white king. While we both did our battle tactics, the right objective was firmly held by death so round ended 5-6 in favor of the undead.

Imrahil likes this.
  20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Round 3: death won the roll off again and capitalized big time on this in the hero phase. With primal magic the 4d6 mortal wound spell went off and dropped 3 aggradons on my right, leaving a single dude on a wound. Mannfred resorted to his scheming ways and retreated from his death match with the oldblood and bolted while skeletons closed. Thinking quickly I had the stranded carnosaur use a redploy, and this ended up coming in clutch. Bloodknights closed on the carnosaur, a purple sun appeared, graveguard closed on the sole aggradon, and the skinks on the right were attacked by direwolves. But several things came together- the blob of skeletons on the left failed their charge, the bloodknights hit the carnosaur, but kroak gave them a funny look and gave them strike last, while the graveguard and dire wolves whiffed leaving the aggradon and skinks alive while the bloodknights were swiftly devoured.
    IMG_20231206_171736503_HDR.jpg
    On my turn, while death still lead in points, I came out of a seeming defeat intact. On my turn the last blood knight was vaporized while graveguard were removed, the last black knights and wight king went down, and the carnosaur moved into the open. 8-9 death's favor.

Round 4: Still no double turn, and death was not doing so well. Some shots from the oldblood wounded one of the necromancers while another was weakened by a mis-cast. The graveguard and direwolves closed on the skinks, and through some miracle the small reptiles endured and doggedly clung onto the objective. On my turn, with nothing left to tie it down, the carnosaur made a beeline for the remaining necromancer and vampire lord (one of the necromancers was killed by kroak previously). The sunbolt gauntlet polished off the wounded necromancer while a charge and subsequent battle killed the vampire lord, while the aggradon cleared off the direwolves. 11-10 seraphon's favor.

Round 5: Again, no double turn. This time, Mannfred charged the carnosaur. However a combination of mystic shield and scaly skin meant little damage occured, and the carnosaur seemingly out for revenge hit all 3 bite attacks and wounded all 3. In a twist of bad luck, Mannfred failed all 3 saves, failed his wards, and subsequently died. We concluded this would not get any better. We calculated scores assuming the undead could get a last battle tactic off and I got my grand strategy for a final score of 17-13 seraphon's favor.

IMG_20231206_180519412.jpg
    mannfred about to have his day ruined by a lizard

Some take aways for this are that the hit roll of carnosaur jaws are unreliable, and really needs +1 to hit when available, and blade of realities would be quite nice against heroes. I also got fairly lucky with no units being successfully resurrected but also suffered as I failed to bring the realmshaper engine. Next game should be quite fun whenever that occurs.

Vosrik, Imrahil and Killer Angel like this.