1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Index Lustriapedia, a fluff resource for readers and writers alike

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Scalenex, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Run @Y'ttar Scaletail Run!

Sorry I have been busy lately and have not been able to maintain the Lustriapedia with my usual level of OCD

Send me a message with your hyperlinked writing and if desired, a short description of yourself and/or your writing and I will add you in.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

You are now listed between @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl and @Nazqua

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I should enshrine all my Short Story entries into individual threads, so @Scalenex can link them to the Lustriapedia. I have not done this yet for the later entries

Bowser likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

If you want to do that, I'm okay with that, but I think it would probably be easier to put all your short stories and commentary on your short stories into one megathread.

5. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

Mr.Crocodile Well-Known Member

Question, are there any theats dedicated to compiling fan-made fauna and flora (and/or art of them) alongsides canonical creatures?

Because I've seen a lot of threads that mention original ideas (and the Lustriapedia has a handy list itself) but I have not found any threads meant to be the "Lustria Online Bestiary" of sorts.

(I ask because I have been working with a friend on fleshing out the ecosystems of the continents with more animals that aren't as flashy or relevant as the canon ones, stuff like monkey species or more small and medium sized herbivores for the lustrian dinos to hunt)

Imrahil likes this.
  6. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

7. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

Yeah but that specifically Nasquas' concepts
    I meant more a place thread where we all post our different pieces so it's a compendium

Imrahil likes this.
  8. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Ok, nope that is not yet in existance ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

9. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

If that is the case, then I may create it myself once I have a few more critters worth sharing! :]

Imrahil likes this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

Whatever you guys create I will put on the Lustriapedia.

All things equal, I think several small threads each about one creature is easier to peruse than one mega thread with lots of plants and animals on it, but that's a personal preference not a hard rule.

11. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

Well it's official, I'm indeed writing a massive Unified Lustrian bestiary and Botanic Guide. It will posted as different threads (each one a section of the "book") to keep it streamlined once it's done. I'm trying to use all canon creatures, many my own and as many made by other forum memebers as I'm finding. So far it has 25 entries,

12. Scalenex
    Slann

13. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

Is there any further information on what some of these animals looks like?
    Specifically the Huagerdon, Kroloqs and Lurkerdons?

(Collecting info for the Beastiary)

14. Scalenex
    Slann

Lurkerdons, I am using the Mossosaurus as the base.

upload_2022-9-13_13-25-15.jpeg
    upload_2022-9-13_13-25-34.jpeg
    upload_2022-9-13_13-25-51.jpeg

With two modifiers. First they are smaller and stockier.

upload_2022-9-13_13-26-51.jpeg
    Hypothetically if Lurkerdons were represented by a minature. The Lurkerdons would fit on the same rectangular base that Khorne Juggernauts and Empire Demigryphs are on and they would be comfortably ridden by Saurus Warriors.

Second, Lurkerdons have a hybrid of feet and flippers. They are awkward on land, but they are not as awkward or slow on land as a Mossosaurus actually would be walking on their flippers.

Kroloqs probably look something like the magalania prisca, but small enough to not be threatening. About the size of adult rabbit. If it bites a human or skink, it's going to sting, but it's not going to be life threatening.

[​IMG]
    It is probably going to have a color scheme that lets it blend in with dirt and foliage.

Huagerdons have no real world counterpart. They are a cross between a lizard and a dog. Adjust a lizard accordingly and make it as cute as possible. Probably have larger rounder eyes than a lizard has and a tail that curls up. Maybe adapt a frilled lizards into cute up turned ears. Anyway take a basic lizard, make it bigger and cuter.

Since dogs come in a wide variety of breeds, it's possible we could do the same with huagerdons and have a lot of varieties.

Imrahil and Mr.Crocodile like this.
  15. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

Does this thread cover AoS fluff too, or would that be better put somewhere else? I noticed we don’t really cover and collect a lot of Seraphon lore on these forums, I think it’d be nice to collect all that up somewhere for people to use as well, especially with so much of it adding colour to or building off of lizardmen stuff from WHF (like Lord Quex coming back into relevancy, or Terrawings from the new Warcry warband being a species native to the old world)

Imrahil likes this.
  16. Scalenex
    Slann

It was and is my intention to make the Lustriapedia a center for Lizardmen and Seraphon. At the very top, I made a color coded system.

It just happens to be the case that most of our prolific writers focus on WHF more than AoS. Also, WHF fluff writers had several years for a head start.

I should also note that there are only one or two KoW links here.

On page four of the Lustriapedia, lore articles that relate to Lizardmen, Seraphon or both are clearly marked

Imrahil likes this.
  17. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

Oh! Absolutely my fault for not seeing the seraphon articles on page four, definitely sorry if it came off like it's a critique or something as well. It was more just me not being sure where lore dumps for AoS would best fit and wondering if there were some already that I hadn't seen anywhere, and just generally wondering if there was much Seraphon discussions floating around.

It made me realize i'd been posting little lore threads about new seraphon stuff (like their Soulbound player options expansion) in the wrong place when I put them in the seraphon forum or the rumor thread too, since all the linked threads on page four are from this section of the site, and that I should edit some of it down and put it here for people

18. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Huh, I was unaware there was a Soulbound topic. Whilst I mainly play as a Stormcast, I have used the char creation from Stars and Scales for a one-shot. It was hilariously fun to wreck Tzeentchians as an angry Oldblood with his smol Skink Priest bestie. :p

Anyway, back on topic. There are a few AoS pieces in this section (a fair few in more recent story competitions written by myself. Some re-uploaded, some not.) I look forward to seeing what AoS lore you have to post. :)

Scalenex, Togetic and Imrahil like this.
  19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Ge32 and Imrahil like this.
  20. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

upload_2023-3-23_10-21-46.png upload_2023-3-23_10-21-53.png

@Scalenex you might want to update the section on the old ones with some of this new info!