1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My take on Fangs and Thunder Lizards

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Thruin, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Thruin
    Jungle Swarm

Thruin Member

Hey Community

Two list here. I like to switch between Fangs and Thunder Lizards. So far I dont have any experience with a skink starseer. Thinking about including him to make my terradon unit even faster. What are your thoughts on this little floating guy?

I like the Stegadon with Skink Chief as General in Thunder Lizards. He is a beast with mighty warleader, additional jaw attacks, additional attacks for the battalion and with cloak of feathers - flying Stegadon!!

Happy about any suggestions to optimize.

Attached Files:

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Ohh, just noticed this.
    I will take a look asap (as now i need to go back to work :p)and let you know what i think. ;)

Thruin likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

OK, let's talk about the ThunderQuake.
    I'm slightly perplexed by the presence of three behemoths other than the Skink chief on stegadon. The TQ is a costly battalion, it requires 150 pts as tax and forces you to pick also sallies of kroxies.
    I'm wondering what do you have in mind on how to use the other behemoths... if you field only a basti and a steggy, you save 240 pts, that could mean a third sally and other 20 skinks for battlefield control. Saving 60 pts, which could still grant you the Slann + 1 "free" cp, or an upgrade to Lord Kroak.

Thruin likes this.
  4. Thruin
    Jungle Swarm

Thruin Member

Well I just like those behemoths. Its not a competitive list I know. Your suggestion of replacing a stegadon with more skinks and a sally would move this list up a ladder in competitiveness.

I was thinking about integrating 6 terradons + chief and a starseer giving it some more diversity and drop the slann. I know slann is almost auto include but I like to give Seraphon a change without one :). The list would give me 3 main groups and some skinks for controlling the board.

1. Alphastrike: chief with 6 terradons buffed with chiefs ability and astromancer's staff from starseer. maybe serpent staff from starpriest for some more mortals.
    2. Stegadon with skink chief and normal stegadon building a smashy tag team.
    3. Bastiladon with skink priest (maybe starpriest). bastiladon getting buffed with +1 to hit and possible +1 to save from priest and maybe reroll 1s and mortals from starpriest. Then let him shoot twice.

Skinks and salamanders run/screen wherever they are needed.

Attached Files: