1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Mythgital's Lizardmen and other races

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by little-myth, May 23, 2015.

?

How to build my Skinks

Poll closed May 10, 2018.
  1. Javelins and Star-bucklers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Boltspitters and Star-bucklers

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Moonstone Clubs and Star-bucklers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Hey nice work on those creatures! They look quite fantastical.

And sorry to hear about your health, glad the hobby is hopefully helping you through

little-myth likes this.
  2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Well one of the one's I designed, which is the Sprigg, I enjoy Mike's work on the sculpts and designs, he goes for this style that is not cluttered so they are good for a quick paint or leaves that open canvas for experimenting with patterns and such.

Also thank you, luckily the art and miniature hobby keeps me going, I just mostly have to learn how to work around the health issues, which is mostly frequent breaks. Some good hobby youtube channels helps also when I'm not doing anything.

Warden and Imrahil like this.
  3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Being that I've some Idoneth fishes now, it's the decision whether to go for the Idoneth Deepkin army or use them for conversion work for my Seraphon being that I have that mission to try and mix things into those Lizard armies.
    I don't play the tabletop much so I just mess about with ideas, then abandoning projects just to come back later on.
    So it's the thought of putting Skinks on some Eels and a Shark.
    I do have an idea for Armies on Parade but it's an ambitious one, it was a thought that happened when I was looking through some winners and such. If I do want to go with that idea I will have to start working I guess.

Meanwhile I am painting a miniature, first time painting something done by Lord of the Print and it's enjoyable so far. Once it's done I will post pictures here.

4. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Finished miniature, this one for Lord of the Prints contest, a chance to try out some new techniques, dumb me started to make mistakes from excited trembling because new technique trying. Got recently given an old phone from my sister that takes a lot better pictures but having those trembles kept showing me those "Keep device steady' messages which was annoying me so probably need to get a tripod or something to hold the phone. Need a new lightbox or setup because the lighting is a pain to work with, plus it started to smell of burning and the LED strip started falling off from the warmth.... :confused:
    But here is the Kirin in all it's blue glory, decided not to add materials to the base, wanted to keep it as pure/raw as possible.
    IMG20220125085920.jpg IMG20220125083155.jpg IMG20220125083551.jpg IMG20220125084432.jpg

5. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

fantastic and creepy at the same time! I love it.

little-myth likes this.
  6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That kirin looks great in blue, that is a really fantastic model!

little-myth likes this.
  7. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Some written stuff to try and keep this going :p

Recently got an order delivered for some Khorne minis, 2 Bloodthirsters, Skulltaker and Bloodletters.
    Already have the Bloodcrushers and Hounds and one painted unit of Bloodletters.
    Which the painted unit was from ages ago when I decided to run a themed idea of painting various units based off the MediEvil games.
    Bloodletters of course being the Shadow Demons.

So being that I have some other units already I wanted to expand on the Khorne Daemons army and revisit the colour scheme again, like I did with the Swamp lizards.
    I'm just currently thinking on how to do the bases for the Bloodthirsters.
    As I went with more with the castle/ruins aesthetic rather than the enchanted woods (even though the woods is more iconic than the other appearances for both games)

Hopefully the old Bloodletters won't look odd alongside the new ones as I want to focus more this time and with some improvements made with how I paint with paint mixing and blends.
    Well I still have to build them and wait for the perfect weather for priming. Probably also find some inspiration photos/pictures for the bases.

Warden and Imrahil like this.
  8. little-myth
    Carnasaur

I'm too slow at updating, hopefully the new escape room will let me paint more once it's done.
    First part of a painting challenge for the World of Twilight discord group, first part being Elites. The set of Elites for a 300 point list.
    Also finally got a bit of the GW Auric gold to work as a acquired a paint shaker/mixer, still not a great colour though in terms of use. The shaker does make the hands hurt though so need to come up with something to reduce that.

Once again having those light glare issues, will eventually work it as it's the whole ISO settings but really busy with things as a lot of stuff is going on. Yet the new light ring is doing wonders, even with the rest of the set up being on the poor side.
    IMG_20230521_143009835.jpg IMG_20230521_143104632.jpg IMG_20230521_143038571.jpg

9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Those look fantastic! Very nice colors, I am getting distinctly Dark Crystal vibes from them for some reason :artist:

10. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

Slannta's Little Helper Well-Known Member

Exactly this vibe for me too :D

little-myth likes this.
  11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Completed The Return of Sobek miniature by Archvillain games for the monthly contest
    The many glazes it took to get some sort of OSL going, could of worked better on a different background but everything has been so hectic so can't find anything.
    Kind of hoping they got the email, the Facebook post kept getting auto-removed so posted on Insta and emailed it over as it only counts either through email or Facebook. Not even a whisper on Instagram at the moment.
    IMG20220715085529.jpg IMG20220715085618.jpg IMG20220715091814.jpg IMG20220715091901.jpg IMG20220715092934.jpg

12. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, that looks scary good!

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Thank you!

14. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

I agree with @JTSleep , that is amazing.

I can see where you had problems with OSL, but despite the limitations what you did cover is actually pretty damn good!

little-myth likes this.
  15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Thank you a ton!
    It's a thing where I do have an airbrush but not feeling that confident enough with it yet to tackle OSL on a contest piece, also waiting on the spray booth which did arrive after the deadline. So just went with the GSW Intensity ink to just slowly and carefully layer it up.

Y'ttar Scaletail likes this.
  16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Forgot to upload this one but this miniature/mini statue was painted for a contest to celebrate the anniversary of Flesh of Gods.
    This one ended up quite rushed with major headaches which involved starting it late along with paint technical issues, one was fixing my airbrush and then the dreaded cream/white colours not cooperating. Though a bit of fun painting The Puppeteer, even with these occurring problems.
    I still need to sort out a proper set up for pictures but it feels low on the list to do.

I do have an Instagram up and running now dedicated to just miniatures and models so follow me on mythgital_miniatures
    Of course I will still be posting here.
    IMG20220813111727.jpg IMG20220813111758.jpg IMG20220813111853.jpg IMG20220813111944.jpg

Explodingzeb, JTSleep and Imrahil like this.
  17. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

Really nice model, well done! I'll give you a follow on insta

Imrahil and little-myth like this.
  18. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Thank you! I will give you a follow back

Explodingzeb likes this.