1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New box set

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Alexander Angel, May 11, 2023.

1. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

Eggs? Just a thought :D

I was kind of happy with the idea of having the 10, basically gives me a 1000 point Fangs of Sotek list, without the inclusion of Skirmishers which I found interesting. I think 20 could be interesting, though I don't think it would be too hard to find another home for them if that is what you wanted.

I really want a box of those Lancers, I think they are wonderful looking and I really hope they end up in the vanguard along with more warriors.

JTSleep likes this.
  2. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

Hope exactly the same. Some Lancers would be awesome!
    Since i try to update all my warriors could use a lot more of the new ones o_O

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  3. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

I will probably keep 15 if it would be possible to magnetise options and sell five. But that price was too good. 15% off regular GW price, 5% more down as promotion of opening new shop branch and 3% more down as loyality bonus. All and all, it cost me about 85 euro including shipping.

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  4. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

6. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

:eek: I guess that's where I come in :p

I do really like the one with black scales and I guess blueish highlights for the underbelly. Curious how that would translate as a scheme for Aggrodons or Raptadons :cool:

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Noxolotl
    Cold One

Noxolotl Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but how do the skinks from the raptadon kit scale up to normal skinks on foot? I.e. could i use the spare heads and weapons and don't have them look too big/small on the conversion.

8. Vallis
    Cold One

Vallis Active Member

They are very close if not the exact same scale. The Raptadon skinks snouts are a little shorter than the old skinks, but their bodies are almost an exact match (classic skinks may be negligibly larger). I think you could swap the heads just fine.

The Raptadon sets come with 12 skink heads:
    • 6 Raptadon Charger skink heads (including one champion), which have feathered helmets, and
    • 6 Raptadon Hunter skink heads (including one champion), with no helmets.

Here are some pics of a classic skink, a Raptadon Charger and an extra Raptadon Charger head. Note that since I built Raptadon Chargers, which don't use shields, I had 6 extra shields per 5 chargers, so I upgraded the classic skinks shields to modern Aztechnology™.

PXL_20230531_205738526.jpg PXL_20230531_205655649.jpg PXL_20230531_210552877~2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  9. Noxolotl
    Cold One

Big thanks, the Pictures also help out a lot:)

Vallis likes this.
  10. Vallis
    Cold One

Vallis Active Member

One thing I had forgotten about with the original skinks, until I was looking at them closely just now, is that their bodies and heads are one piece. So I'm order to use the extra Raptadon Hunter heads on the original skinks, you would first need to cut off their heads.

Noxolotl and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  11. Noxolotl
    Cold One

This shouldn't be a problem, since I already did that to give a new body to my skink priest

Imrahil likes this.