1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Orruk Models... PICTURES

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 18, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

True, but I would argue that the old stegadon and especially the old skinny Kroxigor were undersized. I still feel that they fit the "28mm scale" considering their status as monster and monstrous infantry.

There is ultimately nothing wrong with making larger models, it just doesn't fit well within the previous framework of minis. Also, it reeks of 40k.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Well, you know what NIGHTBRINGER? Maybe YOU reek of 40k! Yeah, I said it. Since when do Slann wear hats anyway? Hats are closer to helmets then no-hats. Obvious conspiracy is obvious. Go back to your 40k forums and leave our fantasy setting in peace. Gawd.

StealthKnightSteg, Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hahaha... well the screen name NIGHTBRINGER should have been your first clue. My wargaming actually did start with the Necrons :D

StealthKnightSteg, Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  4. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Such heresy.

Got a thing for pyramids then Mr. N? ;) I started with the lizards, moved on to daemons. Apparently I have a thing for the daemonic (according to AoS)

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Who doesn't like pyramids?
    Do you subscribe to a particular Chaos deity?

6. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I love the design! I think I'm pretty biased towards weird, extreme and slightly cartoonish looking minis from my days playing World of Warcraft and these fit that same kind of design. I HATE the yellow though. I'd like to see these in a darker colour

Bowser likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I played WOW for 6 years solid, that game was so good and addictive, I still have it installed and get a twich now and then.

Bowser likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I've heard that WoW is so addictive that it ruins lives.

n810 likes this.
  9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

yes it does, it's nothing like it used to be but it was a good game.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A friend of mine once told me a story about this guy he used to play WoW with. He didn't know the guy personally (by which I mean outside of WoW) but they played together all the time. Consistently this guy would have to cut the game "short" (probably still many many hours) and would complain that his wife was nagging him. This went on week after week for quite some time. One day the guy shows up and happily exclaims "Great news guys, I got a divorce. Now I can play as long as I want". That is hardcore gaming.

Bracnos, Freddy25 and Slanputin like this.
  11. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Hahaha damn! I can't quite say I was that bad but I did sink a lot of time into it and know a lot of people who still do. I played from release until the end of Wrath of the Lich King - at which point I had to let it go for various reasons. I still have a soft spot for it though and I think that's why I like the new AoS aesthetic so much, a LOT of the new kits have a cartoonish WoW vibe to them

12. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

I sued to work for blizzard and can still play the game for free but I have left it behind as the way it plays it still 10 years old and other MMos have better combat no but that's just me
    some real things WOW has caused ...

THE CRIME:
    Gamer Couple Neglect Children To Play “World Of Warcraft” 24/7

GAME OVER: A gaming-obsessed couple in Anaheim, California, pleaded guilty to child abuse, false imprisonment and delinquency charges after officers discovered two young girls living in squalor while Lester Louis Huffmire and wife Petra played “WoW” nonstop. The girls, ages 5 and 10, spent three years living in inhumane conditions, which included “kitchen appliances ‘covered in mold and cobwebs,’ stacks of trash, debris, mold, and feces throughout the home, a pile of used condoms under a stuffed teddy bear, and inoperable toilets.” Lester was sentenced to five years in prison while Petra was sentenced to three years and four months.

Teen Burns Classmate
    How many of us have gotten into a schoolyard scuffle? We’ve all been there, but a boy in Beijing took it to the next level. Apparently having lost himself in the game, World of Warcraft, he “became” a fire mage in his mind, and set his classmate on fire. For those who don’t play World of Warcraft, I’m sure it’s fairly easy to deduce what a fire mage does by putting two and two together.

Suicide over a Game
    On December 27, 2004, Xioyi left a suicide note saying he wanted “to join the heroes of the game he worshiped.” The thirteen-year-old then jumped off a tall building after playing World of Warcraft for 36 hours straight. His parents are now suing the Chinese distributors of the game for $12,500.

I think its the really bad yellow paint that makes them look 40k but I might get some to have a destruction army so...

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Yikes. Though I don't agree with the Chinese couple trying to sue the distributors of the game.