1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New player's silly question over here

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by BondiWondi, Aug 18, 2023.

1. BondiWondi
    Skink

BondiWondi Member

Hi guys, this is my first post (excluding my introduction post). Im really new into AoS, have never played it. I was thinking about rebasing my skinks, but im not sure which weapon should i equip them due to i dont really know how good they perform on the battlefield. I think i have 12 with javelins and 12 with blowgun.

Any advice? Thank you!

Imrahil and Nathan Weeres like this.
  2. Lambs and Lions
    Chameleon Skink

Lambs and Lions Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the weapons right now just play some games say they are whatever you like.

Right now skinks deal very little damage regardless their weapons they are used as mobile blockers and objective grabbers.

Once you have a few games you can start worrying about outfitting them. Blow pipes and shields is a classic. Clubs and daggers will get you the most damage but no range worst save and they aren't dealing much damage anyway.

3. BondiWondi
    Skink

BondiWondi Member

Thanks mate, i really appreciate the advice :) I knew about the clubs damage but also was concerned about the range problem, but i wasnt really sure if it was worth it

Nathan Weeres likes this.
  4. Nathan Weeres
    Saurus

Nathan Weeres Active Member

I like blowpipes myself because of the range and have had them pick off the last few wounds on important support pieces or monsters with 1 or 2 wounds left. Mine are primarily screens or sitters for back objectives so the range helps them do something before they get erased or while sitting back there even if it isn't very impactful most of the time.

BondiWondi and Imrahil like this.
  5. BondiWondi
    Skink

BondiWondi Member

Thanks mate, i think blow pipes will be the final choice :)

Nathan Weeres likes this.