1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh I wouldn't say "less skill based". It's more that now the army is playable without needing to be good enough to plan 3 turns ahead. Previously we simply were overly relying on one or two mechanics that only a skilled player could utilize. Making it a hopeless army for "bad" players. At least now a "bad" player can actually have some succes with the army.

As for good players, they still have most of their tools left, or at the vary least more or less the same tools other armies have. Imho there should still be plenty of skill expression left for them.

As for overall playstyle, a bit less flexibility in exchange for stuff actually being reliable & useable seems like a decent trade-off.

Also, I really just wanne know what exactly the idea is behind comet call being on multiple warscrolls, cuz that's weird. And how exactly a "summoning" army would work. Several D3's are simply not reliable, and unless we can field a big coven of slann, or get a battalion that significantly boosts it, I don't see us ever being able to summon our most expensive summons.

also against normal wounds.

Dr.Doom, knave, Womboski and 2 others like this.
  2. popsghostly
    Skink

popsghostly Member

So skink armies got slightly nerfed? That probably means hopefully Saurus got better to balance that. That's probably the goal for balance.

Krox seem to get better which makes me happy as I just painted up a unit of 6.

Womboski and Lizerd like this.
  3. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Came back to a flurry of posts, nice leaks (well the amount, not what we are actually seeing).

I know there are still pieces missing to this puzzle, but so far I am not feeling it. Only clear winner is Troglodon, everything else is up- and downsides, commonly known as sidegrades.

Confirmation of Skinks losing Wary Fighter would be nice, and the warscroll for the terrain.

Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Hard same

Lizerd and 4idvet like this.
  5. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

i Like the new troglodon but 260 point.. have a little overcost in my opinion, its like a slann

6. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Agree with @LizardWizard

We're going to be different, and still competitive. The old ways are going away, and much like S2D, we will have to digest our book a bit before we can really smack some folk around.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Basically: there goes the summoning down the toilet

8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

This exactly. From everything I have seen it does seem like we got buffs. We might not be OB, but we are shaping up to be better than we were. And this is coming from someone who adored our old battletome.

Zunhs, Dr.Doom, Womboski and 7 others like this.
  9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I would say that is the pretty much the definition of less skill based. Before we a tool box that required knowing which tool you will need and when to to deploy it. Oh, and you have to know about it 2 turns in advance. I am not saying it was a good place, but I do believe wins will be less rewarding and easier to come by. This isn't a bad thing, just a new thing.

Zunhs, Dr.Doom, Womboski and 3 others like this.
  10. karlsbc
    Saurus

karlsbc Well-Known Member

By the way. Statborne get for free either "Dracothions tail" or "Fangs of Sotek" constellation. Whatever that means.

The regular battalions for coalesced seems quite meh... They are the ones with the "...temple of..." In the naming

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  11. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

This is too much to take in right now haha

12. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

So overall buff? I have been wanting to run Saurus for a while. Feeling a bit down atm so it would be nice to know if we got a buff

13. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

its a summon of 10 saurus no tp

14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

saurus are better yes

15. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Yeah I edited my post. That's better.

Dr.Doom, Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  16. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Would like to see the saurus warrior scroll and knight scroll though. Not particuarly enthused with most of the changes. I figured astrolith, thunderquake and bastiladons would get nerfed.

Yet it looks like bastiladons got offensively buffed with the lazor

17. Btimmy
    Skink

Btimmy Member

At the cost of rend immunity and loss of a 4+++ shrug, yes. More offensive, less survivable however. Wounding on 4's is still rough though.

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

and we can't reroll it any more

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, I'm fine with the summoning spam dissappearing. But I do hope we can actually summon something usefull more than once in the entire game.

meh, as far as I can tell it mostly seems it's easier to not get steamrolled, but not necesarly easier to win (playstyle wise at least, balance-wise the updated warscrolls with halfway decent stats obviously make winning easier.) . The skill floor has dropped, but the skill ceiling has stayed more or less the same. Hence the overall potential for skill expression is the same. At least based on what I've seen so far. Depends a bit on what our remaining faction bonusses, artifacts,mount traits etc. will be though. If those are again just flat stats or damage focussed things with relativly little utility in there then some complexity will definitly have dissappeared.

Dr.Doom, knave, Womboski and 3 others like this.
  20. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

lmao forgot that bit.

trash