1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I mean, a lot of the monster cards are essentially just soldiers from various armies. So I can see how'd you slot 40K in mechanicly. But logically like 90% of the stuff from 40K should have absurd stats for MTG, at least the monster cards. I mean, a space marine isn't exactly on the same level as a 2/2 medieval fantasy knight. So yeah... AoS would've definitly fit better.

Carnikang likes this.
  2. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

My guess is its going to be a stand alone set, with a 40k army representing each color. so probably space marines/imperium, eldar, tau, tyranids, and chaos. Probably wont be used with other sets but you can collect it and draft it.

Carnikang, ChapterAquila92 and Canas like this.
  3. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I"m not as familiar with MTG anymore, but i believe they stated it wouldn't be standard legal. They are going to be prebuilt commander decks from what it seems like, but could totally be wrong. I haven't been following it that closely.

ILKAIN likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

you wont have to twist my arm to get me to agree to these points

Carnikang, Kilvakar and Canas like this.
  5. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Or, you know, Coalesced should have abilities that are at least close to being as useful as Starborne...

Scaly Skin should apply to mortal wounds as well or just be a 5+ ward save, and the terrain ability should be scrapped and replaced with either a fight first or fight twice ability. Then they'd truly be the "tanky and fighty" army, while Starborne remained the "mobile and shooty" army.

6. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Agreed, but no more activation wars plz. I'm actually pretty happy GW seems to be moving away from them.

I like the idea of some kind of "blood lust." Getting +1 to hit and wound when targeting a unit that's already taken damage, or being able to run and charge if a wounded unit is within 24''. Something like that could play into that primal predator space nicely.

Regardless, agreed. Coalesced abilities could use a little oomph.

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, activation shenenigans are fine in principle. But it needs to be kept super limited otherwise it gets overwhelming against anyone who doesn't have it. And competitive games will immeadiatly try to stack it as much as possible if they're allowed to, making it very difficult to balance unless you put it on unique heroes or something.

ChapterAquila92 and Kilvakar like this.
  8. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

They're not though. DoK and Slaanesh kept them in their new books, and Lumineth got them recently as well. So I think that Coalesced would need to compete in that arena, or just have a lot more rend...

Lizerd, Putzfrau and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  9. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Slaanesh literally had their first strike mechanic removed. i'd consider that at least somewhat within the realm of "seems to be moving away from them" considering they haven't ADDED any new fight twice mechanics into the game outside of lumineth, which is hardly fight twice, and have actually removed one.

We don't need more rend or fight twice to be better. Coalesced already does enough damage, they need a faster way to get into combat.

Kilvakar likes this.
  10. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Fair enough. To clarify I meant that Slaanesh still gets activation war stuff because they still have a "you fight last" ability.

Lizerd and Putzfrau like this.
  11. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Or scaly skin could make it -1 to hit for everything could be a decent point to bring up on coalesed since gw dropped the ball when they faqd scaly skin

Lizerd, Canas and Kilvakar like this.
  12. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Anything that applies all the time would be better than what we have now. -1 to hit, -1 to *all* damage, 5+ ward save, etc.

And the terrain-based rules are just bad. Most tournaments don't even use the terrain rules, so ignoring 2-3 effects in your terrain only is practically useless.

The Constellation abilities for Coalesced are great, it's the base subfaction abilities that make them weaker than Starborne most of the time. Still prefer Coalesced, though. I just prefer to play fighty Lizardmen rather than dance around the enemy and trying to bog them down with sacrificed Skinks.

Lizerd and Putzfrau like this.
  13. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

I use 2 dreads and about 110 skinks

Lizerd and Kilvakar like this.
  14. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

on what? Was it in the last book?

edit: it's on the endless spell. That's fair, i was thinking about unit abilities and hadn't considered endless spells. I still think the overall game is down 1 "activation war" ability and thats a good thing :)

Lizerd and Kilvakar like this.
  15. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

If it were my decision, I would give carnosaurs bloodroar back only instead making models flee they fight last on a 4+.

Lizerd, ILKAIN, Kilvakar and 3 others like this.
  16. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I actually like the change to Locus too, it's much more interesting and can be countered through good positioning.

Lizerd, Kilvakar and Putzfrau like this.
  17. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Love it

18. sigmonstar
    Saurus

sigmonstar Active Member

Personally, I'd rather give them the same ability the Slaanesh keepers got in their latest book which replaced the fight last mechanic (which is not fun for anybody) where things cannot pile in.

Lizerd, Jason839 and Kilvakar like this.
  19. lemmy
    Skink

lemmy Active Member

Any idea if the seraphon underworlds warband is going up for preorder this weekend? I see the kill team stuff is already there.

Lizerd, Jason839 and Kilvakar like this.
  20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

they always tell us a week ahead of time when something comes to preorder

Jason839 and Kilvakar like this.