1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Pach
    Skink

Pach New Member

I think of you take guards, chronomantic cogs, and don't lose look at sir (keyword behemot??), maybe in a coalescent force, Is very difficult he take many damage in each phase..

2. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

i can reasure you in that regard that he, weirdly, isn't a Behemoth, you can see he is only a Leader on the photo were his pts leaked

3. Pach
    Skink

Pach New Member

well. so don't lose look at sir. how many armies will 5 6 wounds to you per phase? in the shooting phase perhaps because in combat he does not have to enter and in any case you have guards. and in the hero phase I see it difficult, except for a very few, that they surpass his ability to disperse spell. then coalescent always reduces damage by 1. And if you take chronomantic cogs you reroll al save and cast 1 more spell. Maybe with 1 astrolith near for another fnp 6+... Of you take all kroak Is highlander

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

I mean he's just a dude size guy in a chair. Kakaros isn't a behemoth and niether are gray seers on bell or hags on cauldron s

Nart and Canas like this.
  5. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Well, that made him go down about 10 positions in my priority list. This has to be the worst rule I've seen in either AoS or 40k.

Dafuq.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Well at the very least he's still better than slaangor

7. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

I was discussing this rule with my best friend this morning, and I think he summed it up best with the very simple statement, "Rulez is dumb."

Carnikang and Nart like this.
  8. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

It's not about good or bad. It's just pure BS.

And a 100% wasted opportunity. I think it was said earlier in this thread, he needed to be like 800-1000 points, and worth 800-1000 points.

If such powerful centerpiece models are a good for the game is another discussion. But if GW is hellbent on including them, then they need to step up their game.

9. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Let's bombard GW with negative feedback.

10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Imrahil likes this.
  11. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Im worried about my Girl Alarielle. 740 pts is a bunch. Even at 600 and being able to summon 200 points of stuff for free she was overpriced. She better have some super amazing rules or I dont see playing her. Sylvaneth stuff is too pricey for what it does. Wont be able to afford her in my lists anymore.

12. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

lets not

Noxolotl, Lizerd and Dread Saurian like this.
  13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

so far we know she has run and charge and she heals 2d6 every turn. the rest is still up in the air

Lizerd likes this.
  14. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

reasons that make sense usually tend to keep detractors away so ill be the guy. why not? why not bombard them with negative feedback over a rule that is beyond ridiculous? many games/movies in which a huge nagative(puns :3 ) outcry have changed numerous releases. granted the best example ive seen of it was sonic the hedgehog movie in which the internet bullied a film company to redesign sonic.

Noxolotl and Erta Wanderer like this.
  15. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Seraphon is still the best book in the game

Kroak is still really really good.

3d6 rule is kinda dumb for a lot of the "feels bad" reasons already outlined.

All of those things can be (and are IMO) true.

Still hard to complain about seraphon overall. Understandable to be disappointed that kroak didn't get the god treatment so many of us wanted.

Oh well.

16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

because it won't help(i don't think GW listens to feed back at all) and will just make us look like ungrateful tool bags

Noxolotl, Dread Saurian and King Dust like this.
  17. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Well the new rule is better than than the rule he used to have before the latest battletome atleast :)

Dead for Innumerable Ages:
    In the battleshock phase of each turn, roll a dice and add the number of wounds that Lord Kroak suffered during the turn. If the result is higher than his Bravery, he is ‘slain’. Otherwise, any wounds he has suffered are immediately healed. If an ability or rule would cause him to be slain outright, he is not; instead, he suffers D6 mortal wounds.

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That variant was less frustrating though. On the one hand Kroak would need at least 5 damage, so the seraphon player wouldn't be frustrated Kroak falls over cuz of a lucky hit. And on the other hand the damage could be accrued over an entire turn, so opponents actually stood a decent chance at killing him with a combination of spells, ranged fire & melee combat as opposed to basicly being completly limited to ranged attacks....

Skained, Just A Skink and Nart like this.
  19. Lambs and Lions
    Chameleon Skink

Lambs and Lions Well-Known Member

I think the main problem I have with the rule is that it just feels bad to be on either side of it. If your kroak croaks after 3 wounds you will feel terrible. If your opponent goes 16 wounds and he still lives, they will feel terrible. But even when you die 50% of the time after 10 wounds, it just feels like a big swing that doesn't feel good for either player.

I do like that he is too fat for a balewind. I think that style of playing isn't healthy for the game or fun. I hope we see more troglodons, there was a list that won in New Zealand, I think, that featured a troglodons with old kroak. They are not as bad as everyone seems to think.

20. Tombomb7
    Cold One

Tombomb7 Well-Known Member

Did some say trogolodon can be more viable now?! Music to my ears

Noxolotl and MackiMac like this.