1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

But it does, the new rule says you must remove models, one at a time, until the unit is back in cohesion.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

why on earth are you trying to screen with saurus?
    again why are you screening with saurus? they aren't ment for that. guard and knights don't care they are both 5 or less and nothing else in the book can be used as a screen.
    margenaly yes but onlu by about 2" in a 8-15" line so what ever
    in what way is a 10" double line longer then a 16" one? and thats if you do the dumb thing and streack them so far apart you can let modles walk beetween them. otherwise it's a 5-6" to a 9" line

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i stand corrected you only remove them until you have 5 left which in a 10 man screen means you aren't loosing much

xoid likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, you need just to lose a couple of wounds in the shooting phase to lose 5 models and free a gap for the following charge.
    There's no doubt that from now on the screen units will be deployed in a more tight formation.

5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

mmm yes but if a skink unit gets tags it's uncommon for them to have more then 6 units left. they just aren't very durable

6. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

Wow the new arcane bolt, nagash can make 8 MW in one phase or 8d3 if he charge. I have doubt if we can use vassal to this
    [​IMG]

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

in a phase not every. good lord that would be horrifying. it does need a erata for skink priests

ChapterAquila92 and Skained like this.
  8. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

true, my mistake

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

There's factions who only have saurus-sized screens....

Plus, it holds more in general that it makes a saurus-sized unit of 10 models awkward to use.

You go from a line that's a maximum of 19", and minimum of 9.8" currently to an absolute max of 7.2" when using the traingle capped shoulder to shoulder approach. How is that a marginal difference?

I meant that the honeycombed screen can be longer than the triangle capped method...

Skinks aren't the only screens in the game. There's sturdier stuff that will frequently be left with 7-ish units. Plus with MSU becoming more common low damage will also be more common.

I like the idea of casting in other phases. Though making arcane bolt a short ranged nuke of all things is eh.. odd? Wizards don't exactly want to get close to things...

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

stormcast(who are getting a new book soon so to soon to judge) OBR(who don't use screens) IDK (who don't use screens) fyre slayers(who also don't use screens and if they did they are all min size 5 so it doesn't matter) and IJ.(who also don't use screens and if they did they are all min size 5 so it doesn't matter) oh and i guess sons but they don't care about coherency.
    every one else has small cheep units

why would you even take a 10 man saurus unit? they don't work in anything less then 20s

um what? no 7.2" is NOT the max you can still put distance between models it's just a risk and if you are having them stand shoulder to shoulder the caps are pointless so you are just back to having a 9.8"

Really? how?

yes there is sturdier stuff but those aren't the things you use for screens a few people get hit like SCE but for the most part people have cheep disposable and fragile units that they use for this roll.

11. Tombomb7
    Cold One

Tombomb7 Well-Known Member

Can we stomp and Arcane bolt with the Trogolodon for 2D3 MWs plus fire off all our Slann/Kroaks spells through the Trog now?

12. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

should be able to. But again you wouldnt want to do that. While the new monster rules are nice and make trog worth his points now, hes still not a combat monster. You dont want to get him in combat with anything decent or he will die. hes best bullying screening units

Erta Wanderer and Tombomb7 like this.
  13. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

do yourself a solid favor and dont get the trog into combat my man. you need it to be your vessel for spells. cast spells through it and spew that acid. the monster abilities are better on stegs carnos bastis and dreads

Tombomb7 likes this.
  14. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

Is there any reason to think that they are adjusting minimum unit sizes?

Perhaps to be more in line with how they sell a given box of models?

15. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Possibility, as all Min and Max unit sizes are listed in Tomes, not on Scrolls.

We will just have to wait and see on that front. The first day FAQs and Erratas for all current publishings is going to be the real meat of what's getting nerfed or buffed by the new ruleset.

I'm waiting on whoever has a full copy of the Rules to post a document of it online. Someone always does, and it'll give a clearer picture to bitch about.

Tyranitar likes this.
  16. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

I'm most definitely think, that they will do this. I want to see minimum size of warriors and skinks of 20. That way, it will only cost 1 reinforcement point to up them to 40, which is fair.

17. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

The thing that might keep them from considering this is that our Start Collecting boxes only come with 12 Saurus Warriors or 12 Skinks.

18. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

12-24-36?!

19. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Meh, the SC starting troop numbers are still often based on the old sprue molds that have been in use since the Fantasy days, and that hasn't stopped them from making most troop units go up in increments of 10. If they do change it so that most infantry starts in MSU of 20 that will go a long way to alleviate the apparent kick in the balls to melee troops and screens that the current reinforcement and coherency rules are looking like.

While I'm definitely not the biggest fan of the current reveals for the 3e rules, I can really see that it's going to be an entirely different game, not the same game with some balance changes. I hope that they are at least comprehensive with the initial FAQs, because we know how long it takes GW to get updated rulebooks for their least favorite factions. I REALLY hope that they at least put the brakes on new army releases for a while and focus on battletome updates, but that's probably hoping for too much, lol!

Just A Skink and Carnikang like this.
  20. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Ima learn 3e but I'm gonna complain about it

Caleb ex nihilo and Kilvakar like this.