1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

While I was never interested in WH+, it does feel like an unfortunate side effect of their draconian stance. Would have been a matter of time I suppose....

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

What they made an official statement regarding TTS specificly?

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

no the other way around. the TTS development team made a statement that they aren't continuing due to GMs new stance on IP protection

4. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

yes it is no longer usable i think(havent tested going to bed)(goodnight)

Noxolotl likes this.
  5. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Insofar as I can tell, TTS in this instance is in reference to Bruva Alfabusa's If the Emperor Had A Text-To-Speech Device 40k satire/parody series, not Tabletop Simulator.

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

this

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I am aware, but hadn't seen any official statements from either GW/alfabusa yet. Found alfa's video by now.

8. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

I'll let the video speak for itself, but long story short he's putting TTS on indefinite hiatus for as long as the current GW policy stands so as to not get hit with the copyright enforcement stick, even if his content fulfills the criteria for fair use.

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Less bad than I expected. This is more a symptom of youtubes copyright enforcement being absolutly terrible than anything else..

Had half expected that GW actually contacted him and told him to stop.

ah well, regardless the outcome is the same. Shame.

10. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

I should really look up who that guy is just to see what he's about

11. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

The two Kill Team articles up at the community site today are pretty interesting, and I hope the whole idea bodes well for more Warcry support. My very first gaming experience in this hobby was a Kill Team tournament at the local GW store, where I ran my brand new (in 2018, I think) to me metal Sisters. I really need to get all that stuff up on eBay. I have unbuilt metal Penitent Engines still in their boxes, surely somebody in this wide world wants them. Anyway, I won that tournament, setting a precedent of winning Warhammer games that I have NOT followed up on, heh. None of which is a rumor, sorry.

12. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Oh God its hilarious. :/ goddammit

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  13. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

While I was a fan of Warhammer Fantasy for quite some time, I never really got interested in 40k until my brother told me to watch TTS. Alfa's videos were what got me interested in the 40k setting and lore, and it pains me to see them shutting down just from the possible threat of GW taking action against them. I'm glad I have all the Seraphon I could really want or need, because I have no motivation to give GW any more of my money right now :(

Cuetzpal Pilli and Erta Wanderer like this.
  14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well at the very least it's a good excuse to kick a expensive addiction

Cuetzpal Pilli and Kilvakar like this.
  15. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

lol true! I can't say I'm really in the boycott GW permanently mood, but this turn of events really does feel bad. But yeah, not going to be expanding into any more armies any time soon. If and when we get a range refresh I would definitely be buying those models, but I'd be a lot more likely to just get them from Ebay or other 3rd party sellers. Plus, with 3e wanting everything to be smaller, I actually have way more Saurus and Skinks that I could ever realistically run in a game.

16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Pretty much.

With that said, how they're making money is probably more important in this case. If they're not making back their money in animations, they're going to cut it before it becomes a liability.

Granted, that's coming from one of the oddballs who doesn't care for video streaming services in general anyway, much less Warhammer+.

Dread Saurian likes this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest I think warhammer "fanvideos" are kind of a victim of their own succes. I don't really know of any other Fandom where the fanvideos are of this scale and quality, or this popular. Usually it's just stupid memes and silly jokes, whereas TTS is basicly a fullfledged show with multiple seasons in its own right that happens to use the 40K setting. Hell TTS basicly has its own fanvideos at this point.

Makes me curious if GW's statement would've been even remotely as harsh if the fanvideos would've been limited to the usual stupid memes.

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Team fortress 2 (like say any thing by "The Winglet" he has made full on movies)or halo(see red vrs blue).
    lesser but still applicable home stuck, warriors, MLP, SCPfoundation, harry potter, wings of fire, sonic, and literally anything by nintendo but especially pokemon. pation is not limited to Warhammer and we are actualy fairly small when it comes to fan productions
    oh and im definitely going to add more as they come to mind

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Cuetzpal Pilli and Dread Saurian like this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'm not saying big passion projects don't exist for other fandoms at all, there's always someone somewhere who makes something amazing in his basement. I'm saying that generally the ones of this scale are hidden under a metric ton of official releases, stupid memes, badly animated nonsense, and AMV's. And since they are hidden and 90% of the population will never know of em they aren't nearly as relevant. On the other hand; the warhammer fanmade stuff is riduclously easy to find.

For example if I try to find something like red v.s. blue just by looking for "halo" in google it's the 65th hit. All the "fanmade" stuff you find before this consists of gameplay footage of someone playing the game (which really isn't what we're looking for with respect to fanmade stuff here). There's also a whole lot of official trailers and a warhammer fanvideo for some reason that are listed before you get to a red v.s. blue video.

If you do the same for harry potter then the first fanmade thing you'l find is a meme, and most of the hits are again official releases.

On the other hand if I search for warhammer fanvideo I get hits like "Astartes all parts", "guardsman", and "lord inquistor." in the top 6 or 7 hits.

Warhammer is the only fandom I know of where its this easy to find the high quality stuff, it shows up just by looking for the general term.

20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

the millions of views tends to disprove this and Warhammer has as many memes as any one else

buuuut if you do what you did below and put in Halo Fanvideo (be fair bud use the same serches) you get "shes not gon" "fall of reach" and land fall. if you just punch in warhammer then you get official vids, mixed with lore vids, goodby to TTS, memes and 1 fanmade astarties(in fact you have to go down to 46 to get the seconded fan vid thats not a meme). this is also true of the other ones you mentioned.
    so it's entirely a search terms thing not a "we are so speshal" thing