1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

weren't the others 30-ish?

2. nomis
    Cold One

nomis Well-Known Member

The 2018 was £20 but i would really like to get the edition with the cards and tokens but fear its going to be like £50 or something, which is wild!

3. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

The cards are pretty nifty, but I'd rather hand-make my own tokens and other accessories, maybe pyrograph onto some balsa wood or something, that could be fun.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ooops, typo! I meant to say 30. IIRC I bought mine for 25€ or so, which was a bit more than 30 USD at that point.
    Given the recent price increases I wouldn't rule out $40 though.

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That seems unlikely, the GHB is generally a softcover book, it's relativly light on content (especially in terms of fluff & artwork) & it's only a supplement. Making it go near 30€ would mean a supplemental softcover of which most players will only really care about the 2-3 pages about their particular army will be almost as expensive as their hardcover battletome. That seems excessive.

To be honest, what I'd love would be if GW would start doing special deals for these kinda thing. Get the GHB + 1 AoS box and get a 10,- discount or something. They'd probably end up selling more, and even if ultimatly it isn't a super interesting deal at least it'd feel better than paying 30,- for what is essentially 2 pages of rules. Hell, make it only a specific set of models you can choose from for the deal and get rid of some old inventory while you're at it. Do something like "a ghb + 1 of these 5 boxes, usually 30,- each, now for 50 combined" or some such nonsense. Why does GW have such a dislike for deals and customer loyalty progams and such...

ILKAIN likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Well, for the same reasons drug dealers don't do such things I guess. Their customers are addicts. :D

Canas likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well in every other branch deals and customer loyalty programs help you sell more in the long run. And especially when getting started it's a great way to get someone hooked. Hell do some cross-over deals between their various games, give a promotional 40K or lord of the rings model when you buy some AoS stuff, get them hooked on even more stuff get all the money :p Bound to be some people who then decide to start a 40K army as well, cuz well they already got this one guy and he's lonely. And now they need a fancy ride, cuz you know how are they going to get places without a massive tank to ride in. And so on and so forward :p

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  8. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

I'd actually be happy to pay a wee bit more (no more than $10USD) for a hardcover version of the GHB, something that feels a bit more solid/premium.

9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Stop applying logic to the GW business model, we all know that's a 4 letter word in their world.

Imrahil and Canas like this.
  10. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

POINT UPDATE FOR SERAPHON

I'd link the page, but it suddenly went down?? It was on the Warhammer Community page.

Seraphon
    Seraphon briefly dominated the game at the start of the new edition last year, as players discovered just how powerful their new summoning mechanics were! While they’re less prevalent than they were, Seraphon remain a solid army, and the General’s Handbook 2019 consolidates that with some welcome points changes.

Saurus Guard and Saurus Warriors have both been reduced, letting you save points on the core of your collection, while Skinks have seen a small increase. Fans of massive monsters will be pleased to know that both the Stegadon and Troglodon have also seen reductions, with the latter costing a mere 140 points!

11. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

Logic has five letters :p

12. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

That's the joke ;)

Imrahil and Canas like this.
  13. Dracorex
    Cold One

I was really hoping they would make Saurus less of a cheap horde unit and more elite :(

Imrahil likes this.
  14. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Meh, skinks willstill be our top unit even with +10 points. It will hit 40-model blocks though which weren't too popylar already. Other changes are welcome.

15. Dracorex
    Cold One

:D

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

here

17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well shoot i was hoping for point increases to indicate a upcoming battle tome

18. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

they will include the new points in the BT... they have for every other faction.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  19. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

so even if they completely change Saurus from horde to more elite... the changes in this update have to reflect the CURRENT warscroll... not the anticipated one

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

got you ive never read a battle tome so good to know