1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Seeing the trend of replacing resin kits with plastic I will heavily guess this is for a new Astrolith Bearer.
    But new EoTG would be wicked as well.

Grrr, !mrahil

2. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Salamander need new kit as the Kroxigor
    But clearly I dont see them keep the guard and the knight like that, there is too much différence with the new kit

I think basic skink, flyer, skink héro, bastilladon et Stegadon will stay

Noxolotl likes this.
  3. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

I'm glad they didn't give the Saurus any loincloth.

Attached Files:

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  4. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

raptor rider skinks look cool. book coming end of summer/beginning of fall

5. Matrindur
    Saurus

Matrindur Well-Known Member

Late spring/beginning of summer as said in the WarCom article

6. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

This picture is, to me, the most telling of all of the revealed images for what to expect out of the new codex this spring/summer. Okay, aside from outright new models (letsgo raptors!).

Starborn v coalesced.jpg \
    There is confirmation here that there will be both starborn and coalesced going forward. Also confirmation on weapon loadouts, the first image has a spear (second is a banner bearer).

And then taking a stab at base sizes, looks like warriors stay at 32mm new raptors match Saurus Knights with 60x35 and the new Slann is getting bumped up to an 80mm base.
    Seraphon Model.jpg

7. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I was concerned they might increase the Slann's base size.

8. VikingRage
    Razordon

Yup, cool model, definitely harder to hide in a corner.

9. jinjerJosh22
    Temple Guard

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

Well time to save up! Super happy with the Saurus, the shield need a little bit of getting used to but I think I'm already coming around. Shame we only have a tiny image of what they look like with spears.
    I imagine the Skinks skirmishers are in the pool for an update, looking at all the new models they've had recently, they are certainly aging.
    The warriors is all I really wanted anything else is bonus to me, what a huge bonus!

I do hope we get the same treatment as we did with the "Start collecting", and end up with two Vanguards. It's not the end of the world if that happens but it would be nice.

Noxolotl and VikingRage like this.
  10. Salabean
    Skink

Salabean Member

Im not super up to date on how current rules work as i mainly paint but if I am assuming correctly its generally split between skinks and saurus army wise. Do we think there will be more options for having both?

Noxolotl likes this.
  11. VikingRage
    Razordon

Rules are kinda funny on that. Most buffs dished out by SKINK and SAURUS heroes can only affect their respective keywords. That said, there are no rules keeping you from mixing them up in your army. Some warscrolls are strong, or relevant enough to stand on their own and be valuable to have alongside a mostly skink army. I ran chameleon skinks in my coalesced saurus lists, just because they had deepstrike, and forced my opponents to guard their back objectives, and I definitely had room for my starborn Saurus Knights to screen out the DL list I am playing around with right now.

Noxolotl and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  12. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

That’s fair, I guess it’s a way to differentiate them more from standard skinks given they lost their weird leather clothes.

I’m glad the book is coming so soon though, stuff like their inability to be affected by the subfaction ability like old chameleon skinks hobbles them more than I’d like.

A little bit of hopium I have is that they might make the Starblood Stalkers good in the new book, since they’ve been giving better rules and much lower point costs to Underworlds warbands in the last couple 3.0 books, too.

Noxolotl likes this.
  13. StarFyre
    Skink

StarFyre Member

Long time since here. Sold of most stuff back around 2013/2014 but wish I kept some more of it. Still want to get kroak,and now the new slann and Saurus. Would be great for d&d lizardmen imho. Just miss the shell shields.

Imho the worst of the older range are the cold one riders (the cold ones look painfully stupid), the oldblood on foot (sorry to the person who likes it but i do think the new saurus and even the rider on the car carnosaur don't look as artificial), and razerdons.

While I may not get bsck into wh unless old world is closer to the older games I liked I want to support these models.

I'm hoping for some big dinosaurs. Since the carnosaur the size and base size of showpiece models has gone up. This is a great time, especially if they don't plan to update more lizardmen models for another 5+ yr period, introduce a new beast like an arcanadon, plastic dread saurian, I can hope -- thunder lizard. Why not young carnosaur cavalry? When kroq gar spawned his entire spawning could handle carnosaurs.... so a monstrous cavalry equivalent without being army leaders/characters?

Maybe a dual couatl kit that can make some massive flier?

Just wishlisting. I'm expecting plastic kroxigors. Just hoping for some larger true showstopper:)

Have fun all.

Regards,

Sanjay

14. Steve
    Skink

Steve Member

I have been along time fan of lizardmen, started collecting when it was bretonians vs lizards back when for the rule box. I always like the old skink horned one riders but these new models are going to make a dent in that months pay cheque. I have just finished painting 20 cold one riders (I had them since fantasy), I wouldn't mind if they brought out new sculpts for them which I suspect they will.

My guess new skink dinosaur 2 wounds? Saurus warriors going to 2 wounds, cold one to 3 wounds with temple guard?

15. Phobos
    Skink

Phobos Member

just out of curiosity, I checked how many kits the goblins, vampires and slaves of darkness had at their revamp, and they are between seven and ten kits (between heroes and units)... this makes me hope for as many releases for the our lizards...

16. Matrindur
    Saurus

Matrindur Well-Known Member

I just had an idea, in the WarCom article they say Seraphon are planned for late spring while the actual roadmap show them for summer instead. That could just be because they are releasing right at the turning point but another possibility is us getting an army set in late spring with the already revealed models and the rest coming later in summer ala Slaves to Darkness.
    That would also explain why they already showed these off even thought there are still 5 other books and a few months until the actual release

Phobos likes this.
  17. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

Yea I'm chuffed enough we got new regular saurus warriors, first mini I ever bought was the fantasy saurus warrior kit, will probably magnetize them for circle + whatever size base we get for Old World.

Side-note, those raptordons look so tiny, they're heads aren't much bigger than the skink riders lol. Which is nice as I think aos has had quite alot of big cavalry. This feels more in line with regular horse sized cavalry.

Noxolotl, Geedo-Ra and VikingRage like this.
  18. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Yeah Im interested in seeing how big they are in person. A skink is about the size of the average human so these should be much smaller than cold ones

Noxolotl and VikingRage like this.
  19. Robin Banks
    Skink

Robin Banks Member

Speculation:
    Full new line of Saurus - Warriors, Guard, Knights, and a Hero kit with wargear to make a Scarvet, Oldblood, and all the variations (some of which might get eliminated/consolidated?). Default might come with a Cold One, and probably another one packaged with a Carnosaur? The Verminlord's variants are about as different, and it all comes in one kit.

20. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

This might very well be the case, because of the Rumour Engine with the spear not yet being solved:
    22-05-10 re.jpg

I am not particularly waiting on a new Carnosaur and because he is already in plastic I don't think he will be revised soon.

There will be a good chance new Knights, Warriors and a foot or mounted Hero (and perhaps the Slann) will end up in a Vanguard: Seraphon box set

Grrr, !mrahil