1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Skaven?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColdBlood666, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Hey so with the new release of skaven around the corner are any of you planning on doing them?
    I think im going to start them I really like the look of the new rats and I think GW finally did them a justice.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Nope. I briefly followed the rumours at the start, but they started getting rediculous, and even more crazy is that some are thought to be true like a 25+ to cast spell. Joy, just what the little nuke-building cheese monkeys need.

I've never been a fan of Skaven, one of my main opponents plays them so I guess I better be ready to adapt to whatever the new book actually brings.

Oh yeah, and if those new clan rats come in boxes of 10 as rumoured... Well, even if I was considering it that would certainly put me off for the sheer cost of the army.

3. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

| swarm army |
    10 man boxes = uber monetary deficit

4. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Yea with empire being so spendy who knows what is gonna happen to skaven. I heard clanrats were gonna be in boxes of 20 tho? I heard stormvermin were in boxes of 10?

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Until it is on advance order, you cannot know for sure. I have heard that the 20 man boxes are being phased out completely, certainly there hasn't been one for a long time now. And especially considering the new skeletons warriors are 10 strong boxes, and they can be a horde army, I would be surprised to see a return to 20. 10 makes the army a bit impractical though...

6. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Yea considering your average skaven army needs atleast 50 to 100 clanrats and slaves if they come in boxes of 10 for like 25 bucks im gonna just forget the whole thing lol. Ill just wait for beasts of chaos, thats a army I know I want to do for sure. I already got full daemons and warriors armies.