1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Ojutai High Elves

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by ASSASSIN_NR_1, Jan 29, 2023.

1. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Some years ago I made a thread about my snow high elves, but that longer quite fits, so I'm making this new one, as I have now sttled on a theme inspired by Magic The Gatherings "Ojutai" clan, so primarily blacks, grays, white and red, there will likely still be snow though, it's just not the main theme as such.

Anyhow I just though I'd share my work so far.

I have got my hands on a lot of elves now, but I won't be putting as much effort into them as my lizards, because I don't find the same joy in painting them.

And yes the gray faces/skin is on purpose, since I decided it would be easier to just have them have gray skin, and it goes with the aesthetic.

20220723_174951.jpg

20220723_174455.jpg
    20220723_174634.jpg

20220723_174834.jpg

Attached Files:

Tyranitar, Warden, JTSleep and 4 others like this.
  2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I like the scheme, but I would have done a very light elven skin complexion. I understand you are probably going for a drow look, but with how minimal skin is available against the bright armor the dark Grey's just look unpainted or lightly painted.

I would bring it up one more lighter shade of grey on the high points of the cheekbones and the fingers.

3. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I agree, I should do something more with the skin, at the moment though I just can't find the motivation, but maybe I'll come back to it... eventually :rolleyes:

Tyranitar likes this.
  4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Love those dragon princes, they are quite the classic sculpts!