1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Only the 8th...

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Lizards of Renown, Dec 29, 2021.

1. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Hear hear - as I see it, Tony is by far the most valuable/important character in the MCU

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

THat's absolutely true, even if we could also say that brain sometime put us in danger much more than brawn (see Ultron)

But that was not my point, i was just saying that from a moral pov they were both right and wrong in civil war, which is what makes the story so compelling.

ASSASSIN_NR_1 likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'd agree that they both had moral standing in Civil War, at least in the short term. In the long term though, Stark's fears and vision were proven to be correct. Additionally, while he did take risks that had unfortunate consequences (Ultron), the events of Infinity War and Endgame ultimately justified his course of action. The heroes of the story would have been better off following his lead.

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

To be honest either playing 7th and forcing Daemons to use the Warriors spell lores like in 8th (as they toned down the magic for the Warriors book after seeing what happened with Daemons) and restricting Dark Elves from using their Power Dice-spamming spell, or playing 8th with some boosts applied to the underpowered armies are both fine ways to play the game. Neither Edition is difficult to tweak to achieve a strong balance without sacrificing the fun parts (indeed I cross-associate balance with fun).

Warhammer Armies Project is no longer a valid way to play 8th Edition - like the Ninth Age before him, Eliasson has been drawn into making his own Ninth Edition and has dropped all support for his 8th army books. Something I'm in a lot of ways pleased about because it means my 8th Edition army lists no longer need to compete with his.

In other words, AoS won the battle of 2015, but TOW will likely help Warhammer Fantasy to win the war. Something I can definitely get behind.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

In the movies you're absolutely right, in the comic series there is always a shadow, the fear that in the long term, Cap's fears would become real.
    I don’t even remember if the movie treated the issue of scheduled superheroes, under government's control, that could slowly turn into elite squads that stop follow the idea of justice, and just follow the SHIELD's agenda

BrotherSutek likes this.
  6. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Wait... how was Stark "right" based on Civil War?

BrotherSutek likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Time will tell I suppose.

Personally I'm happy with focusing on the retired but reliable 8th edition WFB. I have no interest in jumping on board with GW's hyper-aggressive (bordering on pay-to-win) release schedule.

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Fair enough. I was discussing the topic purely from the vantage point of the MCU.

My claim was that he was right based on the events of Infinity War and Endgame...

upload_2022-11-10_10-17-35.png

Stark's ideas were informed by long term thinking/planning. He saw what others did not. He was focused on the greater threat and was willing to take risks and accept consequences to protect against the much more dangerous evil lurking around the corner.

Knoffles and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  9. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Okay. This isn't really the thread to discuss this, but I'm at least more clear on where you're coming from.

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

We could say the previous MCU phase was the 8th, infinity war was the End Times, and now we're witnessing AoS... :angelic:

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I find some of the very best forum discussions are those that form spontaneously (in the wrong thread). You are correct though. Poor @Lizards of Renown will return to the forum only to find his beloved thread sidetracked.

Likening AoS to phase 4 of the M-SHE-U... that's savage! Even I wouldn't go that far. :p

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

:D

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. Knoffles
    Saurus

Knoffles Member

I feel I should probably move to the inner circle. Although my preferred mass battle game is 8th, I have a weekly DnD session, am massively into bloodbowl (have played non stop since 2nd edition, even in the 'wilderness years'), also play 40k occasionally and Heroquest (normal with the kids and Advanced HQ with some mates). I also dabble a bit in KOW, though not that often and will be trying out another fantasy ruleset called Fantastic Battles. I'm also just starting to rebuild some warmaster armies.

14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

10-4 big guy. You’re still one of the Knights and we’re glad to have you.

Knoffles likes this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Also:

[​IMG]

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

+1000

19. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

A sign of life!!! ;)
    (good to see you are around once in a while, mate)

Grrr, !mrahil

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann