1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Opinion on what allies are worth it in this season

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by cyberhawk94, Mar 11, 2023.

1. cyberhawk94
    Cold One

cyberhawk94 Active Member

Decided to take a second swing an youtuber-ing, as my last attempt was cut short by the end times.

Revived my small channel and have a lot of videos in the works, so thought Id shamelessly plug this one here:

Do you agree that the Celestant Prime and Knight Vexillor are the top ally choices at the moment? Is there something I super missed that should be in the discussion? How often do you run allies over pure Seraphon?

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

ouch, i was missing this one.
    I'm not sure i can give a meaningful answer, as i basically never run allies... and the only time i did it was with Gotrek and merely for fun. :(

3. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I don't generally run allies at the moment, I don't know of any that particularly help Starborn (vigilors are almost interesting, but not worth it imho), but Celestant Prime in Coalesced is great even if I don't run it (camo skinks till I die!!!).

4. Tombomb7
    Cold One

Tombomb7 Well-Known Member

Knight Zeyphros is a great ally to help us attain 5 points turn 1, something we struggle at in Coalesced in the current season.

5. cyberhawk94
    Cold One

cyberhawk94 Active Member

with the new book releases that have come, Im even more convinced of the double-Vexillor

Khorne, Gitz, and Soulblight all love their 5 wound heroes, and the current top armies of Lumineth and Tzeentch do as well.

I took a double-Vex Koatl's Claw list to a small event recently. Non-teclis Lumineth lost 3 heroes, 9 Sentinels, and the Ballista turn 1 without me having to get into combat.