1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Ranking up skinks as ghekkotah warriors

Discussion in 'Salamanders Discussion' started by Eau_de_Neil, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Eau_de_Neil
    Skink

Eau_de_Neil Member

Hi all,

I know this corner of Lustria-Online is pretty quiet but, I have just started a Salamanders KoW army using the GW Start Collecting boxes as a basis for my army - with some extra infantry on the way soon to make full regiments or hordes I think.

At the moment, I'm basing everything individually so that I can play AoS with a willing friend who is ok with square bases(!)

My issue is that I'm finding it hard to rank up the skink models well - I think because even when they were designed for WFB, they were skirmishers so didn't need to rank up. Their tails just get in the way...

Any tips?

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

nah, even in WHFB they were supposed to be fielded in ranks & files, often alongside with kroxigors.
    It's just that their bases are small and so also back at those times it was not easy to place them. It's kinda a tetris game and often (given the small differences between models) you need to find the perfect combination.

3. Eau_de_Neil
    Skink

Eau_de_Neil Member

Thanks. At least I know that there isn’t some technique or secret I’m missing!