1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Raptadons - which build?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Count, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Count
    Skink

Count New Member

Hello Everyone
    Question re build for the raptadons.

I have 10 from the new seraphon army box.

I was going to build 5 chargers and 5 hunters for the synergy but wondering:

A) are 5 and 5 that affective as a combo and should I run 10 hunters and 10 chargers or 5 chargers and 10 hunters?

B) are chargers poor and I should just build 10 chargers?

My feeling after reading rules is to build 10x hunters

Many thanks

2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Chargers are much better than Hunters. They're actually the most efficient unit in terms of damage output in the whole book. I personally don't see a place for Hunters unless they have their points brought down slightly, or if you're already fielding lots of other Chargers.

Count likes this.
  3. Count
    Skink

Count New Member

Ah yes, I was thinking that I needed more ranged attacks as that isn't seraphons forte but looking more closely and having seen a video about the unit on YouTube I now understand how much better chargers are. Thanks dude.

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yep, i agree it's chargers.
    I've got 15 of them, 10 are chargers, the other 5 i still have to decide.

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

i made 5 chargers and 5 hunters. i like them and will for sure make 5 more chargers. in my humble opinion 10 to 5 is the right amount to make hunters work very well

Killer Angel likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yep, that what i was thinking as well. tnx

7. Vallis
    Cold One

Vallis Active Member

Points are always tight in our new battletome. Every time I build a list and am considering Hunters, I end up thinking, "but I could have another unit of Chargers instead". A unit of Chargers is significantly more impactful than the +1 to hit they can get from Hunters.

But remember that if you're playing Starborne, you will often want to summon Chargers, and may need extra models for that. Chargers are one of the best units to summon: they are inexpensive, and can be summoned 7 inches from an enemy on an objective. With their +1 to charge rolls, they can charge that turn and often clear an objective to score you some points. You can't generally do that with Hunters.

Sadly, my opinion is that if you only have three units of Raptadons, they will serve you better as all Chargers.

8. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

i think it depends on the situation. i can see both be a good option. maybe there are multiple charges to go of and you want to reduce everyone. sometimes you want one target to get hammered, so +1 to hit is more important. maybe in half a year we have more experience with them and can do a better call. At this moment i dont believe either choice to be false