1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumour Engines 2021

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Imrahil, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

There is supposedly a Chaos Battletome on its way after the ones for Stormcasts and Orrukz, but I haven't see any Chaotic thing yet indicating any major release,

It'd be a shame if any Chaos faction don't get anything new, for us to obliterate, to open the new edition.

Tk'ya'pyk and Imrahil like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

slaanesh literally just got a major release....

3. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Yet we have StD, the other three Gods, and to a lesser extend, Skaven and Beastmen as possible candidate to get the first Chaos Battletome of this edition.

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

and? why does that mean they need a "major release"? we have many many other factions that are worse off then the chaos factions. sure it's always nice to get new stuff but just because they are getting a new book doesn't mean they need a new release.

5. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Because those are still seven factions, three of them on need of an update with something new alongside updated rules.

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

as apposed to 15 factions all of witch need updates as badly or worse.

7. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Which is still a substantial number. Also, they CONFIRMED that Chaos is next.

8. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

If a Chaos battletome is next, then I'd hope that Skaven and/or Beasts of Chaos get some attention in the way of plastic kits.

Which means it will be a new, new Slaanesh battletome. :p

Imrahil likes this.
  9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yes chaos is getting a book next probably khorn. doesn't mean they are getting models. most of the current books out there just came with paper

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Just A Skink likes this.
  10. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I added the Rumour Engines from the weeks I was on vacation:

17 August:
    21-08-17 RE.jpg

24 August:
    21-08-24 RE.jpg

31 August:
    21-08-31 RE.jpg

Grrr, Imrahil

Just A Skink and Erta Wanderer like this.
  11. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

This has a strong Orruk look to it, perhaps Hobgoblin.

Grrr, Imrahil

Just A Skink likes this.
  12. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Why not?

13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

because the vast majority don't. of the books we have now the following didn't get anything new ironjaws, bonesplitas, ogres, skaven, tecnicaly nurgle they got their stuff much latter then their book, beasts of chaos, khorn, fleash eater courts, cities(in fact they lost half their range), sylvaneth, seraphon, DoK, and fyre slayers. this list gets bigger if you don't count single hero models. so a book releasing is by no means a marker for model releases
    and of the armies that did get new models with the book 5 of them where completely new armies

14. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

So?

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

your debate skills are out standing. do not ask a question and then ask why my answer matters it's poor form.
    why is this important? it sets a president. you asked why a book would not come with new models and i demonstrated a pattern. many many times books are just a book and come with nothing else, this is true of AoS it is sertenly true of 40k.

16. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

If you look at the release history, most new battletomes don't come with new models. The ones most likely to get new models are new armies that have few models already like Lumineth, or ones that are missing a large portion of their range like Slaanesh. We know that Stormcast and Kruleboyz will be getting a lot of new models, but Khorne already has quite a large range, so I doubt they'll be getting anything new.

I do still have at least a smidgeon of optimism when it comes to range refreshes, though. The Soulblight Gravelords are really just Vampire Counts/Legions of Nagash refreshed. But they were also re-packaged as a new army, so we'll have to see if GW will be willing to refresh current armies that aren't getting turned into a new faction...

17. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

One small concern of mine is that GW may have to slow down on models, books and reveals b/c there's a flat out jam up of international shipping. Some printers can't even get paper on which to print. I assume many models probably can't get to into their warehouses.

18. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Democratic president? or self imposed?
    Not really. Back in 1E, yes, because plenty-a-factions were just reboxed kits substracted from their larger counterparts in AoE, like FEC, BCR, DoK, and so on, but in 2E, iIrc, only Warclans and Cities of Sigmar didn't got a battletome with at least one new model, being it scenery, endless spells, in/can/vo/tations or a single character; even if they weren't released at the same time as the original miniature was, mainly because it was part of a two armies in one box deal, like Aether Wars, even then some of them eventually were released alongside the most recent miniature that, while not being brand-new, it was the first time it was shown outside the previous 2 armies box.

That makes me think that StD will be the ones that will get the very first BT, since Be'lakor has been going around for months now, but again, usually, as of the latest edition, a new Battletome means at least one new miniature.

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

What? oh instead of responding you criticize my spelling, wonderful.

Killer Angel likes this.
  20. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

No. Already I responded to you, didn't noticed?