1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Saurus Scar-Vet Tactica (updated 9/27/09)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Celticfire, Aug 28, 2009.

1. the ironfoot
    Cold One

the ironfoot New Member

the only possibility would be bane head and venom... Did the guy wound everything double?

2. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Celticfire, you should check that spelling in your last post. It hurt my eyes and I'm used to horrible spelling...

Poisonous killer:
    Great weapon, Poison of the firefly frog, Banehead.
    Optional; Light armour and/or mount.
    In the case of a mount, a shield and spear is just that more desirable.

Cheers!

3. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I am really liking the BSB with HotCO and Great Weapon. He never dies in combat for me.

4. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

Hehehe taht was my inteantion. :D no really sorry. i haven't posted a post with that bad spelling in a long time. i shall go fix right now.

@ironfoot- he did indeed double everything.

5. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

I use the Scar-Vet with BBoc, BSB, mirrored shield/maiming shild, and Cold One, it, is, awesome!

Thanks to whoever posted the build (i can't remember who) though, if memory serves, the BSBwas my touch...

6. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

Sorry if this is gravedigging a thread, but..

@Hellbreaker's build

Scar-Vet on Cold One
    Light Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Sword of the Hornet

I was thinking of putting this guy in a unit of saurus with spears to act as their tanky leader.

With hornet, should I be challenging characters? Or is that there for if I am challenged?

Would BBoC be better for causing some damage? I want this guy to live mainly, so striking first could mean he wounds first and wins the fight.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

take ASF sword of from the general items instead it's cheaper and does the same thing.

8. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

And should I use it for challenging?

I guess I don't understand how to utilize the build.

I'm looking for him to fill a role of tanking while being able to dish out decent hits. This sword seemed defensive while still giving me the edge to kill without taking a hit

9. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

Loving this topic!

10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Well he didn't gain any WS, S, A or T from his gear so probly wouldn't use him for taking out other heros,
    but he would definately be good enough for taking out oponents champions and mages.

11. Ionus
    Skink

Ionus New Member

I use a Scar-vet with Burning Blade of Chotec, Dawnstone, Cold One and Enchanted Shield(or armour, I can never remember). This gives him a re-rollable 1+ armour save with a -4 to armour save weapon (-2 for weapon, and -2 for strength). mounted on a cold one with cold one cav, he's quite versatile.

12. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

I'm going to use a trial list tomorrow and figure out how to use my scar vets appropriately.

I'm going to run

Scar-vet on Cold One
    LA
    Enchanted Shield
    Sword of Battle

for light enemies in a unit of saurus with spears

And

Scar-vet
    Hide of the Cold Ones
    Great weapon

for heavier units in a block of saurus with spears. Its kind a a weird list, but I designed it just to try units I don't usually use to see if I can incorporate them.

13. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

2 builds I'd like to share with you guys which have yet to disappoint me:

Scar-Vet
    - Great Weapon
    - Armour of Fortune
    - Venom of the Firefly Frog
    - Dragonbane Gem

This guy tends to sit in my TG unit, which also have the flaming banner. Adds great punch and combined with Lore of Life... enough said.

Scar-Vet
    - light armour, shield
    - Crown of Command
    - Dragonhelm

A bit more fragile than the other build (still has a 2+ save and 6+ parry though) but essential to the synergy of my army. This guy sits in my Saurus unit, making them Stubborn as well, make sure you keep him within 12" of the Slann and your set.

Enjoy!!

14. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

Put this guy on a Cold One and he can be a great 1-man tarpit against hordes of relatively weak foes (like clan rats), and you can even lose the Dragonhelm (1+ AS without it). He'll lose every round on static CR, but he probably won't be wounded, and with the Crown, he's unlikely to break. Add the Opal Amulet (4+ WS one use) or Seed of Rebirth (Regen 6+) to make him even more survivable if you have the points..

15. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

Would this guy be suitable for challenges? Or should I just be charging him into flanks and let him mow things down?

Scar-Vet
    Hide of the Cold Ones
    GW

Or he should never be more than 12' away from my Slann.. So I don't think he is going to run!

And he was just meant to be a cheap, durable, wrecking ball!

Thoughts?

16. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

Sounds pretty good, but the Hide of the Cold Ones isnt ideal for 50 points, the stupidity isnt too bad against LM but still.

I would certainly take the armor of destiny instead (from the BRB) Its heavy armor as well so you get the same great armor save, PLUS a 4+ ward, which will surely be more useful than +1 toughness and fear. Especially as fear is pretty null most of the time, and at T5 already you should be fine. :D

17. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

Thanks for the input!

Unfortunately we are playing 7th, so no armor of destiny for me.

Would it be better to challenge though? Or just mow down? I'm worried to lose combat res either way.. I might just use him to huck at war machine crews and lone wizards (shadow slann in 7th)

I guess my question is a general one: 1) When is it best to challenge? When I absolutely have to kill that character? Or just to save wounds against a single character fighting a unit?

2) Is my character well equipped to challenge (generally speaking)?

Cheers

18. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

Usually, both!

But people tend to have a unit champion who can take challenges, (at least in 8th when you challenge you challenge the unit and the player can decide to accept with a character or unit champ)

And with 4 attacks mowing units isnt too great, you'll maybe get 2 or 3 kills then again, thats 2 or 3 more combat res. Whereas characters tend to only have between 2 and 5 wounds so is pretty useful. But the fear effect will have little impact in a challenge. Against units it will be more useful :D

Play testing always gains the best results, though the armor itself should prove a little more useful against units.

19. Paul LGN
    Jungle Swarm

Paul LGN New Member

Amazing work. I really like your post. Keep it up...

20. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

Hope this helps, I don't have the specifics of 7th lodged in my head that well. My 7th army list would have lots of steggies in it though.
    And possibly I would put my carnie in a unit of skrox with possibly an EotG as well; the 2 krox would be in the gap between the monsters with full command in front and lots of skinks to give combat res and outnumber the opponents.