1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Screens - Skinks vs. Warriors vs. Knights

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Zhalfirim, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

They fixed it for battletome lores but not the core one

Lizerd likes this.
  2. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I was pretty sure the Errata for the core rulebook was on the community FAQ site when I checked this weekend, but it is currently markedly absent.

Que new Errata coming out soon? *fingers crossed*

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Huh. So it is. And I just noticed that the publication date for the Sons of Behemat FAQ/errata is given as having a publication date of 23rd March. Has that always been the case? Every other Battletome is present and they all have the same 2nd July pub date.

Lizerd and VikingRage like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

To be fair, it makes sense.

Lizerd likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, kinda defeats the point. Getting 1 spell from the core lore would allow the core-lore to be used to create a nice solid base-line for wizards.

A nice solid base-line, instead of just mystic shield and arcane bolt, would mean magic could be fleshed out more, and would mean we don't need 50 variants of what are basicly the same spells masquerading as unique (and sometimes faction) spells.

Plus, it could even the playing ground a bit for factions that don't have particularly nice lores, or who have lores that focus too strongly on one aspect (e.g. only offensive spells, no utility whatsoever)

But locked behind enhancements they're probably just not going to be used a whole lot... Too high an oppertunity cost and outside of some potentially silly stuff, like flying thundertusks, not enough payoff.

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

What i want to say, is that i sense a oldhammer flavor in this decision.
    For example, Tomb Kings had the Lore of Nehekhara, which was their personal lore.
    Their wizards could learn also generic spells, from Light and Death... but the named character was a master of the lore of Nehekhara, knowing all those spells.

From this perspective, it seems natural to me that a named character can have a bonus spell of its own lore, rather than a generic one.

That said, i agree with you from a balancing pov.

VikingRage, Canas and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.