1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy - The Town!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Oct 18, 2010.

1. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

After another night of heavy drinking, The Hunted somewhat came to his senses.
    2 lives lost, another life hangs in the balance.
    That's something worth drinking on, he figured, he pulled out his booze and drank.

Then it struck him,
    "Shouldn't we all sleep together? Or, in any way, not separated?"
    The rest looked up, how could this drunken man have any good ideas at all?
    "If the beasts then come, we have a whole town to fight!" It surely did made sense to him,
    but he did not have his full brain capacity working.

The Hunted

2. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

"I like your thinking, The Hunted. You do have a point. However, the werewolves are merely looking for some food, and in any case, a fully grown hungry werewolf will easily be a match for 15 sleepy villagers."

Larinus considered for a moment. "Why don't we just give them some food? Put some meat out in the town centre for them to gobble up, leaving us in peace, not pieces. Get it?" Blank faces met his attempt at a joke, however he could see that some people were thinking about the meat prospect.

3. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

"Aye, that could work sir, and is certainly worth a try, but from the tales I've heard, the beasts prefer human flesh to any other meat... and after all, why eat hard-tack when a feast is layed out beside it for you?"

Darian acted thoughtful for a moment, then continued,

"As for sleeping together, though theres a few ladies on hand that I'd delight in getting better acquainted with, we know 3 things about the situation so far..."

he holds up his hand and ticks them off on his fingers.

"First, we are being attacked, Second, our enemy is a werewolf, probably more than 1, Third, The beast or beast's are among our populace... Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not keen on the idea of locking myself in a room with the beasties... I'd prefer to have a stout barricade to wake me and keep on Veera here as company."

he pats his repeater handgun for emphasis.

4. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

After the uncomfortable silence, Darian speaks again,

"I can think of no definitive evidence as yet, however, I noted master Zantos has once again spoken of "fur" quite a bit this day, yesterday he spoke of the fur in Yzan's barricade and he has turned up dead, now he speaks of fur to Eternity warden and about me in the same breath."

He shrugs and looks apologetically at Sir Zantos.

"I do not believe it is enough to go on, but if either Master Eternity warden or I fall to the beasts' claws tonight then I believe it may warrant consideration..."

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

OOC: This day was meant to end today, but I'm going to extend it because not much has happened. Remember, all actions make sure you PM me so I know where they are and if you want to vote, do it in the next 24 hours or so.

6. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

"You may be onto something there my friend... we shall have to be most wary tonight. "

7. conwar
    Skink

conwar New Member

"You obviously know little of magic. The work of chaos is destructive and uncontrolled. The work of Sigmar is that of justice and cleansing," Conwar growled to hellbreaker. He then listened to the talk about Zantos and the fur. "Whoever it is, it is clear we must find them and make an end to them," Conwar said.

8. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

In a more poetic mood, The Hunted made a not on conwar's comment.
    If chaos is destructive, how can they build their own homelands?

He thought about it, but it just didn't make sense to him.

The Hunted

9. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

"I am sorry that some of you may now be afraid of me, if you would like i will submit to being under look and key for the night if it allows you to sleep soundly"

10. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

I shall bide my time, and I think it's pretty safe to say no one is going to try and execute someone yet.

But, we shall be watching you Sir Zantos.

11. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

"I'm sorry for leveling the animosity at you master Zantos, I have heard tales where the person infected by the wolf-man curse know not what they do of an evening." Darian stops and shrugs,

"I don't believe it is enough for an accusation, but just thought it bore considering. I hope you don't think ill of me for speaking my mind sir..."

12. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

"Ha, fear not Darian, we are in a town where people are being ripped apart every night. I would be a fool to hold it against you for speaking your mind"

13. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Out of Context: Strewart, when wikll the next day start? Because we've basically have done what we will for this day

14. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very sorry for the delay, guys. Things have got rather busy and hectic here, in fact not sure if people have noticed or not, but I haven't been able to get on the forum at all in about the last 2 weeks, its not just me neglecting this thread.
    As advanced notice, monday, tuesday and wednesday are out for me next week too, so this thread won't be able to update again until at least thursday, which is 8 days from now. The alternative is for someone else to take over running, maybe one of the deceased? Then at least it is more likely to get done in a timely fashion. Again, sorry about that. I'm back to long, stressful tiring days at uni which I had hoped were all over, and... Well, other personal stuff.

On with the update.
    End of Day 3

With no obvious suspect under the spotlight, the villagers have chosen a conservative approach and decided to hide rather than attempt to rout out the wolves. Maybe further evidence will be found in the morn. Several folk have this day decided protecting their livestock is a poor idea, choosinng instead to leave them out in the open hoping that the beasts are taken rather than their own lives. Doors are barred and windows shut in preparation for the terifying night ahead; even the tavern shuts early.

Noises, howling and the odd scream were again heard during the night, livestock also let out cries of protest. As the sun rose and people cautiously came out of their homes to investigate, no one appeared to be missing. A cow had been massacred and left a bloody hulk, with large paw prints leading away from it, suggesting the decoy may have worked.

Bizzarely, the fresh grave of Yzan had been disturbed. It seems the beast had decided there was more meat on the bone and he made a good snack, it was dug up and the remains were nowhere to be found.

Day 4 Begins
    SaurusWarrior
    The Hunted
    Larinus
    Xlontiqu - Left Day 2
    novatomato
    Yzan - Killed day 2
    Eternity_Warden
    Sir Zantos
    Dreadgrass
    hellbreaker
    lordofwar - Killed day 2
    conwar

Due to the lack of advancement in the last 2 days I will actually try to get the update done sunday night, just over 4 days from now, so if you could get your votes in, discussions happening, and some kills before then, great. If not, thursday next week looks like the go. That should be plenty of time. Hopefully people haven't forgotten or lost interest in the last 2 weeks.

15. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Well, that was a piece of luck, wasn't it? Maybe our plans worked. That isn't to say that tomorrow night will be as peaceful. We need to get the werewolves, and quickly.

16. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Well, that doesn't leave us with a whole lot more to go on... these damn werewolves have time on their side and it seems they aren't afraid to wait us out. :shamefullyembarrased:

17. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

"Perhaps it is time for a more . . . aggressive approach?" says the eccentric engineer as he bumbles around the town, "Yes, traps set up here and there to catch the unwary beasts."

18. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

"Well then, looks like we're lucky this day. Unlike that poor cow." he says, chuckling. "But then again, I have nothing much to add. I'm just glad I get to see another day." With that he took seat on a nearby crate.

19. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

The Hunted woke up thinking he was dead, at least: that's how he feeled after the heavy drinking from last night.
    He realized it wasn't his time just yet, and celebrated in the only way he knew: drinking!
    Although he had set a trap of his own too, he constructed something resembling a device from all the stuff he could get within reach. Bed sheets, bottles, a bar stool, the door of a cabinet, candles...

The Hunted presented it to the rest: "It should work" he stumbled, "but only once, is my guess".
    Unfortunately, presented with the question: 'what does it do', he didn't have the answer...

The Hunted

20. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

"Hmm... this is strange... I had expected the beasties to attack every night, My apologies again m'lord Zantos, twas a poor thing to be pointin' fingers at ye like that, seems we're back to whence we started..."

OOC: Sorry guys, been busy with other stuff so hadn't had a chance to jump in again, glad this is up and running again, just hope we haven't lost too much momentum...