1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon WARCRY: the thread

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Killer Angel, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

uhmm looking guard, the attack have 2" in range, i hope they have it in AoS

2. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

Hmm, overall I'm happy with those. 2" attacks make a huge difference and the guard look pretty durable and killy. I'm thinking a saurus guard alpha, three saurus guard, a ripper, and a terradon with the bola. Still trying to decide if I want to convert the guard out of bloodbowl saurus or not but I think I'll focus on guard and flyers for my team.

LizardWizard and Moulinglacia like this.
  3. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

I think my initial campaign list will be

1 saurus guard (leader) 220
    2 ripperdactyl riders 175x2
    2 saurus knights (Spears) 115x2
    3 skinks (blowpipes) 65x3

Total 995 points
    Total 119 wounds

Feel like this is a decent enough starting point.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Vangrail
    Skink

Vangrail New Member

Oh man I am excited to play them in warcry. our abilities are pretty cool and we can do a lot of damage plus a decent amount of range and range 2 stuff!

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Looking at it idk if Voracious Appetite is worth it much. For the price of 1! Wild dice you can make it a triple for the extra damage lol. I know it will have its uses for sure but.....

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!

But man, that looks terrible.

Knights, base strength 3, like wtf. 100% relying on a triple for Tearing Bite. And only T4. Upside is, I can building some postpone further.

Terradons. Toughness 3. Like a Goblin without a shield. Dafuq. I hate to sound harsh, but that is "braindead game designers" territory. Rain Meteoric Barrage is way too unreliable, and the quality of regular attacks is below average for the point cost. Too expensive just for dashing around with the movement.

Ripperdactyls. Expensive, too squishy for the point cost. Damage output nothing to write home about, getting Cold-blooded Commander going might prove difficult.

Saurus Warriors. S3. What? Cheap as chips though. Did somebody confuse Skinks and Saurus when it comes to who is our chaff unit? The Alpha loses badly to regular Temple Guard, regular guy with a club is 95% like a regular Goblin (WHAT). Spear guy might see some play (also 95% same stats as a Goblin with spear).

Guard. Actually a nice statline for once. T5, 2" range, decent attacks, ok price. Decent objective holders/main force.

Skinks. Gotta carry our faction once more. Javelin spam is a go.

So yeah. Guard Alpha is a given. Some more Guard. Mix Spear Warriors and Skinks to taste. Or just ditch Spear Warriors (even uglier than the club version) and spam Javelins. Use a single flyer if you are feeling fancy.

Certainly middle of the pack playable (which is perfectly fine given the casual nature of Warcry), but horrible game design all around. Whoever decided on those statlines needs to be fired on the spot.

Final rating: meh/5

LizardWizard and PabloTho like this.
  7. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

My guess is that they balanced the saurus with tearing bite and wrath of the old ones in mind and where scared tearing bite would be op and that wrath of the old ones would be seen as useless if they had a high strength stat

LizardWizard and Wazz like this.
  8. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I could see that. Plus most of our stuff has 2" which can really hurt your opponents. Use a skink speed bump then poke over its head, make them waste the turn king the skink or disengaging to get to the spear person. I've heard our army refered to a "Chess not Checkers" army and I think it holds true for Warcry as well.

LizardWizard and Dragvindel like this.
  9. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Heres where I ended up for my list
    Knight leader
    3 knights (spears)
    1 ripper
    2 saurus (spears)
    2 skinks (blowguns)
    Mostly going to use the Ripper for a Distraction and have the knights do the heavy lifting, might drop the Saurus for more skinks though.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

Don't think the Knight is a leader, it's missing the leader runemark (probably an oversight from GWs side so might get errata'd).

My list thus far:

Saurus Guard Leader
    Ripperdactyl
    Terradon Javelin (or Bolas)
    2x Saurus Guard
    2x Skink Blowpipes

I'm thinking of dropping one of the flyers for some additional saurus.

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Oh wow missed that, thanks for the heads up @Sebbs. I'm going to try the list out hopefully in the next day or 2 to see how it does. Been wanting to try my BoC and Bonesplitterz lists out so triple win lol.

LizardWizard and Sebbs like this.
  12. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Im pretty sure that you should be able to take the knight as a leader. Its warscroll is written as if it was if you look at its stats and cost so i think its a mistake that the runemark is missing, kinda like the skaven leader that costs 45 point instead of 145

I wouldnt stop someone from playing the knight as a leader atleast

13. CrownRoyal
    Skink

CrownRoyal Member

Totally Agree!

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

Is it me, or does just 6" move for a mounted model in WC seem pretty low?

Not familiar with any of the other mounted/non-flyer units, but this still sounds lacking.

LizardWizard likes this.
  15. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

While I am a Saurus fan boy. Spamming skinks hoping for crits and playing objective sounds like a sound strategy as always. Granted I have not played warcry.

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. Vangrail
    Skink

Vangrail New Member

Might not be the best but ill be trying
    - Temple guard leader
    - Temple guard
    - Temple guard
    - Terradon with bolas
    - Skinks clubs and pipes
    - Skinks clubs and pipes
    - Saurus with club
    - Saurus with club

Total:960

LizardWizard, Wazz and Sebbs like this.
  17. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Saurus with clubs are useless compared to Saurus with spears, no reason whatsoever to use them. 2" range >>> one more attack.

Similar with Skink with Boltspitter vs Skink with Javelin. T2 is brutal. Maybe take one if points don't allow an additional Saurus or Skink with Javelin.

LizardWizard likes this.
  18. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

To anyone with some of the other WC cards for non-cultist warbands, how do these compare? From what I've read here so far on here, our stats are pretty mediocre...

Fluff-wise, I really hate to think that our "elite fighting caste/species" is on par/below avg. than an "aspiring-but-not-quite-there-yet Chaos marauder," not even warrior IMO, just a marauder...sighs...here's hoping our AoS stats don't follow suit. I suppose the argument could be made that we're sending our own young-bloods to hone their skills and prove themselves as well (which would support the argument of the TG being considerably better than the reg. saurus stats). Hm, this could provide for some fun backstory potential...alright, I'm more ok with it now lol.

LizardWizard, PabloTho, Sebbs and 3 others like this.
  19. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Cuetzpal Pilli saurus are the same as a goblin with shield so you're not wrong about mediocre, but I like the fluff direction you're headed lol. Hopefully a few of us can get some practice games in to see how we measure up! I may try tonight to be honest!

20. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

I have played with and against alot of warbands and my initial take is that we are wierd. We feel more like an aspiring chaos warband then an aos one.
    The thing about aos warbands in general from my experience is that they have alot of midrange and expensive units but almost no chaff so most people arent able to bring a warband with more then 7 modells

We on the other hand have three mid range units and alot of chaff so we can muster a warband with 9+ modells easily. kinda like the chaos warbands.

Stat wise i would sum it up as
    Skinks = faster plainsrunners from untamed beasts

Saurus warriors = less tough Iron golems chaff

Saurus knights = faster but weaker untamed beasts marauders

Saurus guards = i couldnt really find an equivelent for these. But they feel like most second in command units from chaos warbands

Rippers = frail and slightly cheaper idoneth eels with better attacks

Terradon = frail but cheaper kharadron skyriggers with worse range

Will try to play some matchens this weekend and see how they feel on the board