1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon WARCRY: the thread

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Killer Angel, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

Aethermaric blue primarily with 3 layers for saurus scales and 2 layers for skink scales. White scar for highlights annnd the rest is prolly obvious ig.

I haven't tried them on normal saurus models tho so test it out first.

LizardWizard and Just A Skink like this.
  2. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

Yea was planning on buying the warcry cards with our potential new book this... today actually..m hopefully... can play kill team and skirmish in the meantime.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Played three games today with seraphon and i have some thoughts on them.

First it makes my saurus loving heart sad to say but skink spam is definetly the way to go. Their speed and long range attacks is just amazing for picking of enemies. Got so much use out of them today that its not even funny. Might have been lucky dice but they felt really good on the table.

Saurus knights: where extremly underwhelming. Their speed and health was the only thing keeping them from feeling like wasted points. They did almost nothing against the opponent warband. Even tearing bite basicly whiffed every time i used it with a knight. They just dont have enough strength or number of attacks to make it worthwile. This makes me weary about trying saurus warriors

Rippers: Not much to say here they deal ok damage and can move around the board really well. As for downsides. They die fast if they are caught in combat and their double sucks

Saurus guard: probably our only actually decent damage dealer i used a guard as a leader and he was the only one who had enough attacks and enough strength to make tearing bite worthwile. If I changed my warband i would probably trade my two knights for a guard and a skink.

Lastly our abilities. I feel our abilities are too spread out across different modells and too weak in general i had several situations where i didnt want to use our abilities because they just felt underwhelming with the exception of tearing bite on the leader specifically. I got some use out of the skink disengage but that is very situational

I definetly feel that we are playable and i did have fun today. But sadly i feel that just like in aos our saurus units take a backseat to our skinks.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  4. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update @Moulinglacia. Skinks over Saurus is not unexpected, but it still disappoints me. I'm also frustrated that our knights don't work a little better. :banghead:

LizardWizard and CrownRoyal like this.
  5. Dracopest
    Jungle Swarm

Dracopest New Member

Out of curiosity what factions did you play against and what missions did you end up playing?

6. Dracopest
    Jungle Swarm

Dracopest New Member

With
    Sounds like a Saurus Guard Leader and 12 blowpipe skinks might be the way to go then.

CrownRoyal likes this.
  7. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Game 1 was against slaves to darkness and our victory condition was defend the find. I was the attacker and i had to carry all 4 treasures before The end of turn 4. Here i basicly used my skinks and rippers to grab the treasures and run away which worked really well. I grabbed the last treasures on turn 4

Game 2 was against sylvaneth with the victory condition vanquish. So we had to kill eachothers hammer. So i spent the game taking the high ground with my skinks and shooting his units and just using my leader to take down his kurnoth hunters while i ran away with my ripper. The game ended on turn 6 when i had 1 health left on my ripper and finally killed the last dryad from his hammer.
    This was probably my best game because he killed one knight while i killed everything but two of his dryads

The last game was vs idoneth deepkin and we played with the hunted as our win con and i was the defender. So i picked my guard as the unit that had to survive but he got killed first thing that happened on turn two.

The highlight for me was the first game vs slaves to darkness when i used tearing bite on a six on my leader and critted his marauder 3 times doing 33 damage in one attack

8. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

"As for Lastly our abilities. I feel our abilities are too spread out across different modells and too weak in general i had several situations where i didnt want to use our abilities because they just felt underwhelming with the exception of tearing bite on the leader specifically."

Considering what I wanted to field I can live with this seeing as I'm against skaven, nighthaunt and deathrattle.

Ordered my cards but r u allowed to drop dem points so I can plan?

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

Nvm found a video lol

Edit: buggar I'm 60points over 1000, curse noj even numbers!!

Wazz and LizardWizard like this.
  10. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

Wazz, LizardWizard and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  11. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

LizardWizard, Sebbs and CrownRoyal like this.
  12. CrownRoyal
    Skink

CrownRoyal Member

LizardWizard likes this.
  13. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

Wait... what the poop, so terradon bolas are melee weapons like flails now?

Those are sone chunkey leeches!

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. CrownRoyal
    Skink

CrownRoyal Member

I'm looking at Ripper leader, Terradon w/ bola, 9 blowdart skinks, and a lonely Saurus w/ spear. The Whiskey is telling me that's 1000 points.

LizardWizard likes this.
  15. Nobler
    Jungle Swarm

Nobler New Member

Is this 195 cost Knight supposed to be a leader?

[​IMG]

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. Dracopest
    Jungle Swarm

Dracopest New Member

A little over. If you drop the Saurus with spear it comes out to 990 points. If you went down to 8 skinks you could take the Saurus with spear and it would come out to 1000 even.

17. Dracopest
    Jungle Swarm

Dracopest New Member

That’s what most people, myself included, believe. Lord knows Warcry needs an faq sooner rather than later. There are so many discrepancies all over the place right now. Hopefully we’ll get one by the end of March.

LizardWizard and Sebbs like this.
  18. CrownRoyal
    Skink

CrownRoyal Member

I knew the whiskey was a liar!

LizardWizard and Sebbs like this.
  19. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

WoW, in the last WD appear The fyreslayer profiles

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Wazz and LizardWizard like this.
  20. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

I saw that!!! Too bad I don’t play them.... yet.... well I did get Gotrek for WARCRY I suppose after seeing him in the whitedwarf.... I suppose once you have the card may as well get the model lol.... damm GW....

I’m thinking perhaps it’s time to have a separate WARCRY subforum under the AOS forum somewhere here in seraphon world would probably work no need for it’s own forum.... i feel this sticky will get too long to quick?!? Idk

CrownRoyal, LizardWizard and Sebbs like this.