1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skaven shooting...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by yacht_orca, Nov 12, 2023.

1. yacht_orca
    Jungle Swarm

yacht_orca New Member

Hi all,

I'm new to this and just have the battle box: slaan, 5 raptadon hunters, 5 chargers, 10 saurus warriors.

My friend who is skaven and I played our first game, admittedly not a full, real game, since just around 750 pts.

He basically did not need an army. His one unit of stormfiends and warp cannon (which didn't even have the overcharge ability) tore through absolutely everything. They melted every single unit. The slaan floated around but really couldn't do much especially since everything else was demolished so fast.

How do you fight against such insane amounts of attacks and shooting?

2. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

First, slann doesn't make a great vanguard(1000pnt game) leader IMHO. go ahead and get your self Astrolith Bearer. Second you probably didnt do as bad as you think i'm willing to bet lots of rules were missed.Third try real hard to not play the match with the goal of obliterating the enemy army and focus on getting battle tactics, if you can get to the point where you consistently hit your battle tactics you will win games.

yacht_orca likes this.
  3. yacht_orca
    Jungle Swarm

yacht_orca New Member

Yeah I'm betting we missed a lot too. And that makes sense. I feel like without a bunch of other wizards the slaan on its own in a small point army is pretty useless. It was pretty much a floating dartboard