1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Sleepy corner

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by JTSleep, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Quetzalcoatlus
    Saurus

Quetzalcoatlus Active Member

Looking good.

I’m impressed by your productivity!

JTSleep likes this.
  2. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Thanks, but that is mainly thanks to speedpaints. I just slap single coat on every surface, hardly ever doing even edge highlights.
    It also helps that I have a job where I spend about half a hour to hour each day waiting for 3D models and drawings to load. :)

3. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Test bed file with updated Krieg bodies got somehow corrupted during copying to flash drive, so I still don´t have additional bodies. I quickly glued single marine from spare 3D printed bits and official GW hands ( :D ) to use as test subject for HH Death Guard paint scheme. I am not sure I like the result, but it is finished mini anyways...

IMG20230328133113.jpg

More angles:
    IMG20230328133117.jpg IMG20230328133122.jpg IMG20230328133125.jpg

Explodingzeb and Imrahil like this.
  4. JTSleep
    Stegadon

I have a confession to make. Friend who I play with (at least I used to back then when I had time) told me that they are jumping onto 40k train when 10th edition releases. Since I have almost all dinos painted and currently waiting for new models, also Bolt Action germans are almost ready for D-Day game (8 infantry missing and single vehicle to paint), I decided to join him. Last couple of days I was looking at all the possible factions and in the end I decided for Nurgle filth. Yesterday I sold part of my never used models to get some spare money and immediately managed to sell about half of them. I bought combat patrol with 30 poxwalkers and found good deal on battlebox with Mortarion. This should be plenty of models to start with.
    Meanwhile I'll be saving some money for Seraphon army box when it comes out.

Imrahil and Tyranitar like this.
  5. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Farewell my old kill team that I painted and never played. I need you to be painted the same way as rest of army that is on the way.

IMG20230403100949.jpg IMG20230403101007.jpg

jinjerJosh22 and Imrahil like this.
  6. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

This looks like it could be a cool diorama :D

7. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Elaborate :D

8. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

The models in the jar look like they are on some dank swamp filled planet. The lighting combined with there aesthetic gives that kind of vibe to me.

Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  9. JTSleep
    Stegadon

I came back from dentist today. For two years I hesitated to ask if they have any spare tools for sculpting as I thought I would look silly or be straight denied. Today I finally did it and asked. And bloody hell! :D
    IMG20230404075713.jpg

Also, she promised to stash some drills and grind heads for me next time, but not many as those are already reserved for people who carve eggshells. :D

10. BurningBee
    Kroxigor

BurningBee Well-Known Member

Oh great idea. Never thought of it!

JTSleep likes this.
  11. JTSleep
    Stegadon

NSFW content. I was stripping nurgle today :D

IMG_20230405_103027.jpg

It was success. I only broke one grenade, otherwise everything is fine. I already dumped in few bits of old chaos rhino I had at home without any use. I bought it in really old battlebox when I was starting with kill team in 2018 and wanted to paint it as scenery piece. Paintjob was horrible and I never finished it. Now it will serve as conversion base for plagueburst crawler if I don't find another one for cheap. I also have to find bigger container to strip it in.

Edit: I would honestly want to know what I used as basing all those years ago... It is not woodland basing I use now and it has finer sand particles...

VikingRage and Imrahil like this.
  12. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Back in work. Colleague printed those corrected kriegs, so I was able to assemble them. Now I need to base them and I can start painting whole team.
    IMG_20230406_103945.jpg

Also, I am visiting modellers club today! I took some gifts and I'll finally be airbrushing! :D Yay! It has been 11 months since I last sprayed (and it was one session after 15 months).

Imrahil likes this.
  13. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Not sure if it's endorphin of pure joy running though my vein, or that there was a kid that came to small airbrush room and started heavy coating propellers with syntetic spray, but I am in heaven!

Anyway, this is my today progress in modellers club. All from bare plastic.
    IMG_20230406_180814.jpg

VikingRage and Imrahil like this.
  14. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Marines are finally ready for painting.
    IMG_20230407_173951.jpg

I think that tommorow I'll prepare Stegadon. My plan is to do this one (primed) using slapchop, same as previous one and then the last one that I left at club will be airbrushed with speedpaints to try out color blending, because I would like to do it on dread saurian later this year.

Imrahil likes this.
  15. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Welp... I guess I have to find some time to paint at home. Getting sick leave and whole family is sick again. This time me included.
    I at least started on clipping DG combat patrol from sprue.
    IMG20230410125003.jpg

Did you know that each poxwalker sprue contains about half of plague marine? The bottom half that is exactly usable for all the spare bits from Plague marines unit sprues. That means (with some elbow grease) Combat patrol box has 10 plague marines instead of 7. Here is first one blue tacked together:
    IMG_20230410_124817.jpg

Imrahil and Explodingzeb like this.
  16. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Also... Happy easter everybody! Here is our collection.
    IMG_20230410_132343.jpg

Imrahil and Explodingzeb like this.
  17. JTSleep
    Stegadon

First dip into sculpting something. Old rhino to be Plagueburst crawler wannabe. :)

IMG20230413210938.jpg

18. JTSleep
    Stegadon

A bit of time, a bit of work done on tank:
    IMG_20230414_205551.jpg

I can't wait to get back to work and paint models that actually are on my "to do list" :D

19. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Great varnishing of 2023 volume VIII. This time with casualities. Cloth to prevent varnishing surroundings fell off and as I was putting it back, whole plate flipped. Luckily, only single bolter and feathers from saurus banners broke off.
    IMG_20230416_161742.jpg

Now I only need to varnish last 5 knights and I have whole range done and ready for flocking... At least until I finish another stegadon and find out what is all that fuzz around knights about.

Edit: phuck, I found out that Eternity warden is also missing one of front horns.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    Imrahil likes this.
  20. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Finally back in the office and I managed to prime rest of kriegs today. I think that next two days will be all about drybrushing :D
    IMG_20230417_115606.jpg

jinjerJosh22 and Imrahil like this.