1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek vs. Star Wars (and a collection of memes)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 16, 2015.

?

Star Trek or Star Wars; which do you like better?

1. Star Trek

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Star Wars

60 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

4. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

This is funny but it contains spoilers for Stars Wars a New Hope. I'm not sure everyone on this thread has seen that movie.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

According to rumours from the Lego Star Wars community, Episode IX is going to bring back Y-Wings and make Kylo repair his helmet, meaning J.J. Abrams' Original Trilogy Purism is going to resurge with a vengeance:

I do agree with you all that having Palpatine survive or resurrect himself in some way will render Anakin's self-sacrifice useless, but to be honest seeing Ian McDiarmid return is probably the only thing I'm looking forward to about IX now that I've seen this dreadful news. One of the (many) things that annoyed me about the Farce Awakens was that the sheer amount of Original Trilogy purism used to make it resulted in ruining the way that starfighters and the like evolved through the ages. In Episodes I-III and the Clone Wars we see starfighters like the ARC-170, the armoured Y-Wing and the V-Wing, which have obvious similarities to the Original Trilogy ships yet are still different fighters in their own right with different strengths and weaknesses - because of this, we can see that these must be the ancestors of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter and we can see how their designs were adapted in the 19 years between Episodes III and IV into their Original Trilogy form, as Incom and Sienar kept on tinkering with their creations to try and outdo the other when they took opposide sides in the Galactic Civil War. In the Sequel Trilogy, on the other hand, there is an even greater length of time between Episodes VI and VII (30 years), yet it is STILL X-Wings and TIE Fighters, when surely the fighter craft used would be the next step of evolution on from both of these ships, as the manufacturers continue to research how to get their ships to counter the latest developments in the enemy's fighter craft? At least The Last Jedi had some different ship designs, the TIE Silencer and the Resistance Bombers - the former at least looks like the next step on from the TIE Interceptor, and the latter is a new design reminiscent of WWII bombers (may not be the best design in the world, but at least it's NEW and shows the evolution of starfighters over time). Now it seems Episode IX is just going to go back to the crappy purist ideas of VII and bring back the same old shit, just slightly altered.

Same with Kylo repairing his helmet - at least in the Last Jedi they tried to have him going in a new direction by smashing the Vader wannabe mask and then having him kill Snoke to bring the First Order under new leadership, to have something NEW. Now in IX they're just going to go back to the boring Vader rehash that VII first created.

11. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether or not you are planning on watching the film, you have to admit this is a pretty f***ing awesome looking poster:

3C487B5F-4599-4965-BB5F-D143D519C8D0.jpeg

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Nope

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Bearing in mind that this idiot still glorifies the Farce Awakens when it was just a soulless rehash, I’m not paying much attention to what he says.

16. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Haters gonna hate. :D

17. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Nightbringer you should make a woodcrafted version of this.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

He doesn't glorify it. He simply admits that it took him longer than some to come around to the truth of it. That is much better than lying in order to try to save face. Just as I readily admit that on first viewing I enjoyed the TLJ (I had such high hopes for it and really wanted it to succeed, I went in with a very heavy bias), but now I despise it. Nothing wrong with that. Haven't you ever changed your mind about something?

That is true of everyone my friend. We all hate what we hate.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hahahahaha... like shooting fish in a barrel!

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I do see what you mean with that. Like you with The Last Jedi, I was originally excited about The Force Awakens and thought it was OK on first viewing, but now I can’t stand it.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.