1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Started Painting Today! Picture Heavy!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by asrodrig, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Sweet! Really like how thouse feathers on your skink came out, and as for your carno and oldblood I've said it before: Awsome! If I should pick at one thing it would be the color of your base. I usually go with either goblin-green to make it look like the ground is somewere in Lustria..

2. SwiftChameleon
    Skink

SwiftChameleon New Member

WOW...asrodrig that is a very nice army u got going there, the colour scheme u have chosen is suberb and the models are coming along really well. I really enjoyed seeing the feather cloak on the Chief, that was something special and Kroq-Gar on Grymloq aswell has turned out really well. Keep us posted and keep up the good work. I would have to agree with Aparach though that the bases would look better with Goblin Green.

3. darkness
    Skink

darkness New Member

very nice colour scheme :D
    like your kroq-gar

4. Bubba gar
    Skink

Bubba gar New Member

I love the Carnosaur, how was it done

5. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Really like your models. Well done :smug: . Was just wondering; did you ix up the colour for your skink priest or did you use a colour which you bought?

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I started by painting the smoother skin with Graveyard Earth. Then I applied a wash of Gryphonne Sepia. Then I highlighted with a 1:1 mix of Graveyard Earth and Bleached Bone. The bigger scales on the top were done with a basecoat of Charadon Granite, then a wash of Badab Black, then highlighted with Foretress Gray. The spines on the back were painted Mechrite Red, shaded with watered down Red Gore, and then highlighted with a 1:1 mix of Red Gore and Blazing Orange.

I first painted him with Knarloc Green, then I dusted a layer of Rotting Flesh over that. Then I applied a wash of Thraka Green. The feathers are Mordian Blue, highlighted with Ice Blue, then a wash of Asurmen Blue, then another highlight of Ice blue. The inside was painted with Mechrite Red and then highlighted with Blazing Orange. The pearl on his staff was the only color I mixed. I first painted it with Foundation White, then applied a mix of Bleached Bone, Skull White, Mithril Silver, and applied a wash of Baal Red over that.

7. azeralk
    Skink

azeralk New Member

Re: Started Painting Today!

i use catachan green for skin and scales then drybrush the scales gently or more like highlite them with hawk turkoise it looks cool when finished

8. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

It has certainly been a while, eh? Well, I've been a touch busy with Midterms and the job-hunt, so my poor Lizardmen have taken the back burner a bit. I did a little bit of painting today, though, and here is the fruits of my labour:
    The Champion from my first unit of Saurus Warriors.

th_DSCN1628.jpg

th_DSCN1629.jpg

Anyways, hope you like it!

9. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Those look amazing! Great job!

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

He looks very menacing, great work! Is it just the camero, or haven't you painted the feet yet? They still look black. Looks very cool overall though.

11. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Oh, hehe, I guess I forgot to do that.... :oops:

12. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Here's the finished Command for my Saurus Warriors. The pictures are crap; I will take some better ones later on in the week. My idea is that if I do one Saurus a day, in about 2 weeks I will have a full unit! Yay.

The Champion:
    th_DSCN1636.jpg
    th_DSCN1637.jpg

The Drummer:
    th_DSCN1638.jpg
    th_DSCN1639.jpg

And the Standard Bearer:
    th_standard.jpg

Anyways, hope you like! Again, the pictures are crap, so keep your heads up for some better ones in the near (maybe) future!

13. strewart
    OldBlood

Impressive. I look forward to seeing a full ranked unit of them.

14. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

nice conversion with the champion, but i'm not really sure about the red shading underneath the eyes.

15. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Alright, here's an update on my painting. I finally went out and bought the new Stegadon kit, so once I pick up some rare earth magnets from my local hardware store, I'll get to work on that. In the meantime, here's a WIP Salamander that I started this morning:

th_DSCN1658.jpg

More stuff coming soon (maybe)!

16. strewart
    OldBlood

The salamander looks very cool, similar colour scheme to what my saurus will have except probably a touch darker.

17. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

yea, it'll probably get a bit lighter as it gets more highlighted. Right now it's still mostly Necron Abyss showing. Soon it will be mostly Enchanted Blue with Ice Blue highlights.

18. Rhyno346
    Skink

Rhyno346 New Member

Very nice models, I really liked your carnosaur. Really like your color scheme as well, I thought about painting the saurus the same way lol.

Cant wait to see that stegadon painted ;)

19. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Thought I'd share some pictures of my WIP Stegadon. I basecoated it white, and then painted it Fortress Grey over that. Then, I applied a heavy wash of Badab Black. The mouth is just Scab Red right now. I'm going to do a little more work on it! Hope you like the little conversion!

DSCN1659.jpg

DSCN1660.jpg

20. strewart
    OldBlood

Wow looking good so far. That is an effective and quick way to paint the model.